NY - new license, write my own Life policy, where to start?

Mar 10, 2019

1. SParker

SParker Expert

State:
    New York
    Hi All, I posted a similar thread about a month ago but couldn't find it so I am starting another one here.

I just passed the LIFE exam and will be getting my NY license very soon.

I am looking to write my own participating LIFE policy plus a couple of annuity contracts also for myself .

Question: how can I obtain quotes for LIFE and ANNUITY products in NY so that I can compare and evaluate what is a good policy or contract for myself? I want to check out as many LIFE and ANNUITY products as possible before making a decision.

I understand that since I will be my very first customer, controlled business will be an issue. Need advice on how to get around this.

Would appreciate any advice or suggestion.....

SParker, Mar 10, 2019
  2. BADTROUT

BADTROUT Guru

State:
    Colorado
    If you intend on selling to more than just you, no need to worry about controlled business. As for what carriers, I would when you are licensed reach out to a good life brokerage to get you the carriers, and most provide a rater. I have a great one to work with once you get to that point I will get you in touch with them if you PM me.

BADTROUT, Mar 10, 2019
  3. pfg1

pfg1 Guru

State:
    Virginia
    An IMO or brokerage can help you with the quotes I'm sure. I know NY plays in their own game...you might reach out to Tahoe Ray on here, he may be able to point you in a good direction on who to work with.

pfg1, Mar 10, 2019
  4. myinsurebiz

myinsurebiz Guru

State:
    Hawaii
  5. myinsurebiz

myinsurebiz Guru

State:
    Hawaii
    click on your screen name and you will be able to manage your account.