NY - new license, write my own Life policy, where to start?

SParker

Super Genius
Hi All, I posted a similar thread about a month ago but couldn't find it so I am starting another one here.

I just passed the LIFE exam and will be getting my NY license very soon.

I am looking to write my own participating LIFE policy plus a couple of annuity contracts also for myself .

Question: how can I obtain quotes for LIFE and ANNUITY products in NY so that I can compare and evaluate what is a good policy or contract for myself? I want to check out as many LIFE and ANNUITY products as possible before making a decision.

I understand that since I will be my very first customer, controlled business will be an issue. Need advice on how to get around this.

Would appreciate any advice or suggestion.....

If you intend on selling to more than just you, no need to worry about controlled business. As for what carriers, I would when you are licensed reach out to a good life brokerage to get you the carriers, and most provide a rater. I have a great one to work with once you get to that point I will get you in touch with them if you PM me.

An IMO or brokerage can help you with the quotes I'm sure. I know NY plays in their own game...you might reach out to Tahoe Ray on here, he may be able to point you in a good direction on who to work with.

Back