Oak Street Health or Dedicated Senior Medical Centers?

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
Is anyone from the Midwest (IN, IL or MI) familiar with Oak Street Health or from FL familiar with Dedicated Senior Medical Centers?

I'm in the Philadelphia area, and Oak Street Health is coming to Philly soon. "Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive, and integrated care right in our patients’ communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others."

I just read online (Dedicated Senior Medical Centers enter Philadelphia in deal with Independence Blue Cross) that Dedicated will be opening up four centers in Philly beginning in August.

If you look at their websites, both say there are opportunities for agents:

Oak Street Health
Welcome Health Insurance Agents and Brokers | Dedicated Senior Medical Center

May be a good way to build up your book, particularly if your focus is on the DSNP market. Although with the DSNPs, the continous SEP is going to be a thing of the past beginning in 2019.

Is anyone from the Midwest (IN, IL or MI) familiar with Oak Street Health or from FL familiar with Dedicated Senior Medical Centers?

May be a good way to build up your book, particularly if your focus is on the DSNP market. Although with the DSNPs, the continous SEP is going to be a thing of the past beginning in 2019.

To clarify a point: clients will still have an election to enroll into any SNP (chronic condition or DSNP) at any time. The election that is changing is for those with Medicaid or other Extra Help who want to change into "regular" MA plans (or PDP).

The Chief Medical Officer Dr. Griffin Myers spoke at Senior Market Sales Forum earlier this month, their plan is to go nationwide soon. I liked his speech but I am always a bit hesitant to have clients jump on to a plan that is brand new. Lot of companies with good intentions get into the MAPD market, but can't deliver the access to providers a lot of the clients need. Oak Street wants to be like Kaiser.

Do you mean they plan to come out with their own MAPD or expand their clinics across the country? Currently they contract with various carriers in different markets in the Midwest. On Friday I'm going to a meeting with them, so I'll find out more.

Agreed about new companies with good intentions getting into the MAPD market. I'm appointed with several companies who are newer to the market who don't have the network yet as it's their first year or two. It's not worth going through the hassle of certifying if you aren't going to use them.

I kind of remember the name oak street as not good from when I used to sell maj med, It was before 2011 though and I remember much ie which states and such other than the fact that it wasn't maj med but was presented as such by other agents, I think it was an indemnity plan at the time or maybe they had to go to certain places and there were issues with that IDK

Latest posts

Back