Obama - health insurance guru

saieddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
Watched the speech last night. Any clue how he's going to reduce premiums and improve coverage, while making sure critically ill people get the care they wouldn't normally qualify for?

Stop it! You really didn't expect anything except words, just words, did you? Actual tactics? Can't find tactics in an empty suit! Interesting question, though. Please forward it to CNN so we can get it posed during a debate (if one EVER happens!)

It no different than mcshame's bull crap .. or should i say, we see what mcshame/mcbush will/has done... this country CAN NOT handle another 4 years of the bush bible.... mcshame has voted with king bush 90% of the time

Watched the speech last night. Any clue how he's going to reduce premiums and improve coverage, while making sure critically ill people get the care they wouldn't normally qualify for?

It's the same old crap as in '92 with Clinton.

Nobody can ever give you an answer as to how you "cover MORE people for LESS money".

"We'll eliminate waste - it'll more than make up for the added cost."

So why aren't they "eliminating the waste" now?

It's the same old crap as in '92 with Clinton.

Nobody can ever give you an answer as to how you "cover MORE people for LESS money".

"We'll eliminate waste - it'll more than make up for the added cost."

So why aren't they "eliminating the waste" now?

Actually, it's a proven fact that people who have preventative care coverage generally cost less overall than people who don't have preventative care coverage. People with preventative can actually go to the Doctor when they feel that something is wrong. This helps to catch illnesses far sooner than someone who doesn't go till they faint, or are in major pain, etc.

If everyone in this country simply had the opportunity to go to the Doctor yearly for a preventative care check-up and have it covered, health care costs would come down.

I'm sure you will all disagree with me.... but unless your wife is a Doctor, you are not allowed to respond.

I know what Hillary said she would do and she said it openly in several speeches. She said the government would tell the insurance companies what the premiums will be and they will cover everybody- period. I did a couple rants on that and how she is clueless about how guaranteed issue works and how the free market would respond to that. Problem is most folks here had real zippy reasons why it would never work so the whole thing was a non-issue and would blow over.

It isnt going to. So, yes now is the time to start accepting that and listening to ridiculous stuff that is actually being said. With a dem president, dem senate and dem house about any foolish wish could become law very easily.

Wake up. It is not going to blow over.

Winter

If everyone in this country simply had the opportunity to go to the Doctor yearly for a preventative care check-up and have it covered, health care costs would come down.

Great theory, but here's the fallacy in that approach...

No matter how free you make it, some people just won't do it. Same thing as Obama saying "More people will buy health coverage if it's more affordable..."

You could make it $7.00 a month - and some people just won't buy it!

Another way to "pay for it" according to Obama, is to raise taxes on folks making more than $250,000 annually.

Sounds good, but just more of the same rhetoric. What percentage of people actually make more than $250,000 a year? How much revenue will that raise?

I am NOT a Bush supporter. I also realize that the liberals believe that government is the be all/end all to cure all ills. I personally have witnessed them overspend so prodigiously, and put this country in to a deep financial hole, that I am not in favor of raising taxes one single nickel.

Just more money for ALL politicians, liberal, conservative, Democrat and Republican -- to waste.

Actually, it's a proven fact that people who have preventative care coverage generally cost less overall than people who don't have preventative care coverage. People with preventative can actually go to the Doctor when they feel that something is wrong. This helps to catch illnesses far sooner than someone who doesn't go till they faint, or are in major pain, etc.

I'm sure you will all disagree with me.... but unless your wife is a Doctor, you are not allowed to respond.

I think you mean "preventive" care.

What does your doctor wife do to cure colds? Probably what everyone does - drink lots of fluids and get some rest.

If people would quit visiting their doctors everytime they get a sniffle or ask for a CAT scan everytime they get a headache, all of our premiums would drop in half.

Back