Obama Wants to Cut Medicare Part B Drugs

I've got 4 clients this is going to hurt immediately.

HEY! THIS is why I don't sell AARP. I knew there was a reason:

They keep selling out their constituency.......

Yeah, Scott, I know how AARF makes their money. But this will be a killer if it happens. Some of these meds will go from $0 to $500/month or more.

Lame duck or not, this could actually happen and have repercussions beyond the end of his term.

Yeah, Scott, I know how AARF makes their money. But this will be a killer if it happens. Some of these meds will go from $0 to $500/month or more. Lame duck or not, this could actually happen and have repercussions beyond the end of his term.

They will blame it on President Trump at that point. And 99% of the voters won't know the difference.

Ask any senior who loves Medicare Advantage if George Bush was a great president. They won't even know how that ties together.

This is something I would like to pass on to my email friendly clients.

I have been trying to find an article online that is consumer friendly but can't seem to find one.

Anyone read one that would be good to pass on?

Apparenly AARP is in FAVOR of this test.

AARP Supports CMS

There isn't anything in this article that references Part B drugs moving to Part D, it's all about changing how doctors are paid.

From the article: CMS’s proposal includes multiple opportunities for public input, adds a new exceptions process that will allow providers and Medicare beneficiaries to obtain medically-necessary drugs, and will keep beneficiary cost-sharing responsibilities the same with the option of reducing or waiving them entirely. The demonstration will last for five years and does not reflect a permanent change to the Medicare program. Also, the proposed model will not prevent doctors from prescribing the drugs that they believe their patients need.

Does anyone have a reference to AARP supporting moving these meds to Part D? I also read the CMS link in the OP, there isn't anything there about moving meds to Part D either, by the way, it's all about how doctors are paid.

Latest posts

Back