Obamacare & Selling Individual Health Insurance in 2013 & 2014

I believe the new promised date for the exchange to be functioning properly is Nov 30 but, I won't hold my breath. As far as how much money agents stand to make...who knows? Some carriers have not even told us what they are going to pay!

"Well.... I was just a wondering... Bout to take my agency public.... I'll sort out which one and let you know..... Do you recamend one? "
I recommend the NASDAQ.....symbol TATR is available.

Personally focusing on new direction, Voluntary Benefits, while I continue to be "available" to help with health insurance. During a webinar today the carrier reported one agent had enrolled 400 new clients. I highly suspect how they managed that. My concern, the Government will do what they did with PCIP, after a couple of years using us to help - cancel all contracts and stop paying.

This Law is here. If you are licensed to write Health/Life Insurance get certified. It is not a highly compensated product, NOW. I just experienced researching several carriers (NY) to find only 2 that the prospect could use in his area of NY State. When I completed the task I asked the big question of the carrier, what was my commission? I was told $5.00. Yeap, (Five Dollars). Not even 5%. I am only thankful that I asked AFTER I completed the research. That was painful to hear, I must admit. But I will go forth as a Certified Broker for the ACA. There will be changes. I don't know when, but I know I have done the correct move to get certified, now.

Back