Obamacare Tax Credit

tobenschain

I applied for insurance at healthcare.gov. I skipped the application for a tax credit. I thought my income was too high. Now I want to go back and apply for one. But they tell me I need to wait a year. My income is under $46,000.

Depending on your age and how close you are to $46,000 you may not receive a tax credit. I wrote a 23 yr old female last week at $38,000 per year and gave her no tax credit. I have not seen a subsidy on a single young person under 305% of FPL.

You certainly can change up to Dec 23rd. If you are not an agent you should get a hold of one. Why would anyone want to go direct without someone has more knowledge than the people you are calling at healthcare.gov?

I know, I know Bob and then they want to come to us to help them.

I had someone call the other day and ask me to help him deciding on a plan, I said I could help him get through the subsidy app and back to FB and look at the plans. He said I am on healthcare.gov now and did the app and have my subsidy but could not decide on which plan to choose, I said let's do a web conference and we will go through FB and redo the subsidy app so I could get credit for helping, he said no all he wanted was me to advise him. I outright told him no, if he wanted help to call the carrier direct or healthcare.gov. I am sick of these people thinking I am going to give them charity.

I had someone call the other day and ask me to help him deciding on a plan, I said I could help him get through the subsidy app and back to FB and look at the plans. He said I am on healthcare.gov now and did the app and have my subsidy but could not decide on which plan to choose, I said let's do a web conference and we will go through FB and redo the subsidy app so I could get credit for helping, he said no all he wanted was me to advise him. I outright told him no, if he wanted help to call the carrier direct or healthcare.gov. I am sick of these people thinking I am going to give them charity.

So what did the guy said when you told him off? :twitchy:

You shouldn't need to redo the subsidy app to get credit. Just create an account at FB quote it then go grab the subsidy and return to issuer and complete the deal.

You shouldn't need to redo the subsidy app to get credit. Just create an account at FB quote it then go grab the subsidy and return to issuer and complete the deal.

I've been told by Bcbc of IL that this won't work. If your agent number isn't healthcare.gov app. You're not getting paid.

Also instead of telling the client you need to do the app to get paid. tell them you can't represent them with the gov and/or carrier. Its for their protection. Incase you advise them bad. Might help you get them to redo the app.

Well that is true Hou, I had a couple of days ago that wanted to where their bill was, I said where did you sign up? They said direct, I explained I was not their agent but could be if they let me redo and go through subsidy app and change plan to one up or one down they said no, I said call the govt or FB for bill and hung up. It's last in by the 23rd that counts.

What does the FB acronym mean? Nobody I have asked to redo subsidy app and put me on the original application will do it. Oh well, NEXT...another do it yourselfer.

Back