Obtaining clients through local businesses

ValeRosso

Guru
Focusing on my Medicare business, and I got an idea to develop relationships with local businesses to help their retirees and their health options. I got this idea after witnessing a friends father having no idea what to do with Medicare and his current healthcare when he retires.

I was thinking about going into the HR departments of a few businesses and tell them that I’d be happy to help direct their retirees in the right direction with their healthcare needs as they retire, and mention that my services are free to them and their employees.

Has anyone done something similar, and if so, how did you go about getting the relationship developed? Would there be a better way of going about doing this? Also, would this violate any Medicare rules? I thought about giving the company a kickback for any applications completed, but I don’t want to violate any rules so I thought mentioning my “free services” to their employees would be sufficient.

I have been invited to companies that have a significant amount (10+) of people 60+ and do an education seminar on Medicare. I work with the Hunt Group (yes, those Hunt's) and when people turn 65, they send me an email. It works.

To get people via networking, you need lots of sources. But it works. And no, I don't give anything out in return for apps. Maybe a lunch. Maybe.

Wow, so you were invited and didn’t have to go source them out? That’s great, You must be in high demand!

do you have any recommendations on how to actually get an employer to give you their business with their T65/retirees? I just don’t want to sound like an *** to them.

Wow, so you were invited and didn’t have to go source them out? That’s great, You must be in high demand!

do you have any recommendations on how to actually get an employer to give you their business with their T65/retirees? I just don’t want to sound like an *** to them.

Network. Network. Network.

My advice to all newbies is to join BNI. Its expensive and incredibly helpful, especially to learn HOW to network

Back