October 1 or November 15

tommyk

Guru
100+ Post Club
Illinois
Okay. I know that the AEP begins November 15 and runs until December 31

But I also hear you can start writing MA's October 1

I had thought I could write them October 1, but somebody mentioned today that they could only write T65's from October 1 thru November 15

Okay, which one is it. I think I am right.

You can fill out the app starting October 1st with the client.

However, you cannot take it with you. They will have to mail it in or you will have to go get it after November 15th.

You can fill out the app starting October 1st with the client.

However, you cannot take it with you. They will have to mail it in or you will have to go get it after November 15th.

It's my understanding that you can write the Today's Options MA for anyone aging in for the remainder of 2007 after you have completed the recertification process. See below:

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] RYE BROOK, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 9, 2007--Universal American Financial Corp. (NASDAQ: UHCO) announced today that it has received approval from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services ("CMS") to resume marketing its Medicare Advantage Private Fee-for-Service ("PFFS") plans pending training of its broker and agent force. As of June 23, 2007, the company voluntarily suspended marketing its individual PFFS plans while it implemented all of the new marketing requirements that CMS had recently announced. The company has now demonstrated to CMS that it meets these new requirements and that it has the appropriate procedures in place for training and monitoring the sales practices of its extensive network of career agents and independent brokers to safeguard the interests of Medicare beneficiaries.

In accordance with CMS guidance, all of our agents and brokers will be re-trained and certified to market our 2007 PFFS plans. Since the extended open enrollment period for 2007 has ended, PFFS enrollments will be limited for the balance of 2007 to people becoming newly eligible for Medicare and certain other limited categories. In addition, the company will move forward with training and certification of its agents and brokers for the 2008 open enrollment period which begins on October 1, 2007.

Richard A. Barasch, Chairman and CEO, said, "We are gratified that we were able to work quickly with CMS to demonstrate our compliance with the enhanced marketing and sales requirements that will further protect Medicare beneficiaries. PFFS has become a popular product because it offers an affordable package of attractive benefits to Medicare beneficiaries. We are committed to making sure that this valuable coverage is offered in an appropriate manner."
[/SIZE][/FONT]

You can write T65's at any time since they are aging in to Medicare and have to make a decision.

For people who are currently in Medicare and want to change PDP's or MA plans, for January 1st effective dates, you can start writing Oct 1st and start turning in November 15th.

Each carrier seems to have their own interpretation on this rule but I agree with the idea of marketing October 1, but not removing the app from the house. The client may mail the app November 15, but you may want to give them a call a few days before to remind them.
Until then I would stick with T-65's and SEP's.

Each carrier seems to have their own interpretation on this rule but I agree with the idea of marketing October 1, but not removing the app from the house. The client may mail the app November 15, but you may want to give them a call a few days before to remind them.
Until then I would stick with T-65's and SEP's.

Kimber:

I agree with everything, but the client is able to mail the application anytime 10/1 or after (client doesn't need to wait until 11/15) and the plan sponsor is REQUIRED to accept these applications and process on 11/15.

Only issue with "pre-selling" before 11/15 is that the agent cannot "take possession" of the application, as you stated.

Craig

You can write T65's at any time since they are aging in to Medicare and have to make a decision.

For people who are currently in Medicare and want to change PDP's or MA plans, for January 1st effective dates, you can start writing Oct 1st and start turning in November 15th.

Not PFFS plans. Remember, they had the moratorium that began 06/22/07. That is specifically what I was talking about.

Back