October 1 or November 15

Mike, I like your suggestion for the post-it note. I use this reminder myself for bills I need to send, so this is a natural extension.

I talked with several of my carriers, and they have a protocol in place for early aps that generally involve a delay that will not be in the agent's or client's best interest. They are not dumb.

James you are correct. Simple is not in CMS's vocabulary.

You are not allowed to accept an app prior to Nov 15th.

If the client sends in the app ahead of time, then the carrier can hold it and them process it Nov 15th. However, CMS wants that to be the exception rather then the rule.

If your carrier has return envelopes:
Fill out the app with the client.
Have them sign it
Stuff the envelope
Throw a post it note on the outside for them to mail it in Nov 14th.

I am having my clients mail it to me, only way that I can that keep records of who I trully enrolled. I will have stamped envelopes with my address and will call and remind them to mail it. This way I can also remind them about the verification call.

I have no respect for CMS. It is insane what we will have to deal with in the next couple of months. I remmeber last year they were saying to have your application in by the 10th I believe so that you could be sure to have it effective by the first. They should extend the AEP to October 15 or better yet have the AEP during August - October for a Jan. start date. It would avoid the busiest time of year and would make it so everybody would be ready to go by Jan 1.:idea: But then what do I know?:goofy:

Scott

Wow, now its not even clear about the date to send in an App???:D

I have to start scratching my head here and wonder, why even bother? Oh well, someone has to deal with the idiocy of the CMS, and some suggest everyone should get the H/C via the government.

Why not just offer them up year round and all Dr's that takes Medicare has to take the MA? I guess that would just be to dang simple.

James, I will second that on having all Dr's that take Medicare take PFFS MA's. That sure would solve a lot of explaining that they can take you now but maybe not tomorrow. What a scary thing to have to say. Do they want these plans to work or not. If not, just say so and we can go back to sups and keep my blood pressure down this time of year!:cool:
</IMG></IMG>

writing an MA plan 6 weeks before AEP and leaving it at the house for them to mail in? What about phone verification at time of application to satisfy CMS regulations? Sounds like a logistical nightmare.

I went to Cert. for BCBS here in MI and man-oh-man! Lol...Only the Federal government could come up with such a cluster *@$%

The poor BCBS guy/gal who has to ride along with agents to meet CMS requirements is going to shoot themselves. /shiver

Back