OE and Group Benefits?

Susan J

Hi friends,

Was hoping someone could help me with these questions as no one in my office seems to know. ACA seems to be the door opener for group.
  • When selling group benefits, do group enrollments have to follow the OE schedule for obama care or can groups enroll outside the aca enrollment period?
  • Are voluntary benefits limited to OE also? If not, are they usually offered and sold during OE?
Anyway, was hoping for some input on learning group benefits

Thanks very much!

~Susan

Hi friends,

Was hoping someone could help me with these questions as no one in my office seems to know. ACA seems to be the door opener for group.

[*]When selling group benefits, do group enrollments have to follow the OE schedule for obama care or can groups enroll outside the aca enrollment period?
[*]Are voluntary benefits limited to OE also? If not, are they usually offered and sold during OE?

Anyway, was hoping for some input on learning group benefits

Thanks very much!

~Susan

No they do not need to follow ocare time, do what works best for the group.

ACA door opener to group benefits? not sure how you came to that conclusion but to answer your question about OE, no the OE you're referring to has only to do with the individual market.

i would highly recommend you get to know "underwriting guidelines" from the carriers and also suggest partnering up with a GA that handles employee benefits. this is a great forum too for questions but 99% of what you need to know are inside the underwriting guidelines.

Latest posts

Back