OE and PreEx waiting periods

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
TN
I always thought if its OE then there is no preex waiting periods even if there was no credible cov previously

I have a prospect that has been on original Medicare due to disability, She had wanted new era (actually Phil American in tx) So I had to call due to the fact that I never did the new appointments when they made changes

When I was adding the state they also told me there would be waiting period even though she is OE due to T65,

Do other companies do that as well?

I am also looking at Cigna like $10 more after that Mutual is $25 more and Aetna $35 more

She has Preex and does not want the waiting period

I always thought if its OE then there is no preex waiting periods even if there was no credible cov previously

I have a prospect that has been on original Medicare due to disability, She had wanted new era (actually Phil American in tx) So I had to call due to the fact that I never did the new appointments when they made changes

When I was adding the state they also told me there would be waiting period even though she is OE due to T65,

I am also looking at Cigna like $10 more after that Mutual is $25 more and Aetna $35 more

If you are selling her a med supp and she is in OE, turning 65, then there is no such thing as pre-existing that I'm aware of. Also, there is the fact that you don't have to answer any medical questions, so how would they know? If there is some special circumstance someone will be along to correct this.

Original Medicare is creditable coverage. Because she had it she isn’t subject to the waiting period.

Original Medicare is creditable coverage. Because she had it she isn’t subject to the waiting period.

Ok this confuses me because I had been told in the past when its not OE
then Original Medicare does not count as creditable cov

In fact, as I am writing this I remember a case a few years back AARP UHC
woman had only medicare for 2 years had health issues needed cataract (in NY no med questions to get approved) however she did have to wait 6 months for cov on pre-ex

She was not happy but opted to wait it out because it was her best option

If you are selling her a med supp and she is in OE, turning 65, then there is no such thing as pre-existing that I'm aware of. Also, there is the fact that you don't have to answer any medical questions, so how would they know? If there is some special circumstance someone will be along to correct this.

That's what I thought but new era told me different today

Ok this confuses me because I had been told in the past when its not OE
then Original Medicare does not count as creditable cov

In fact, as I am writing this I remember a case a few years back AARP UHC
woman had only medicare for 2 years had health issues needed cataract (in NY no med questions to get approved) however she did have to wait 6 months for cov on pre-ex

She was not happy but opted to wait it out because it was her best option

Just remember, turning 65 resets the whole deal. It's really that simple.

Just remember, turning 65 resets the whole deal. It's really that simple.

Should I feel confident to write the phil american even though when I called today to add the appointment and juist asked them this OE question I was told there would be a 3 month waiting period even though its OE

Should I just go on that was misinfo or not?

Should I feel confident to write the phil american even though when I called today to add the appointment and juist asked them this OE question I was told there would be a 3 month waiting period even though its OE

Should I just go on that was misinfo or not?

I think that person is misinformed. I'd call again and talk to a different person. Here's what Cigna has on the back of their brochure:

"Preexisting conditions These policies will not pay for any expenses incurred for care or treatment of a preexisting condition for the first six months from the effective date of coverage. This exclusion does not apply if you are applying for and are issued the policy under guaranteed issue status; if on the date of application for the policy you had at least six months of prior creditable coverage; or, if the policy is replacing another Medicare Supplement policy and a six month waiting period has already been satisfied. Evidence of prior coverage or replacement must be on the application for the policy. If you had less than six months prior creditable coverage, the preexisting conditions limitation will be reduced by the aggregate amount of creditable coverage. If the policy is replacing another Medicare Supplement policy, credit will be given for any portion of the waiting period that has been satisfied. A preexisting condition is a condition for which medical advice was given or treatment was recommended by or received from a physician within six months prior to the policy effective date."

Back