OEP question

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I just had to tell someone I can't do enrolment to MA I thought I could do Because she had no previous coverage. What I am confused about I was told previously if someone had medsupp they can purchase MA during OE, So If someone on OM and med supp can get MA how come OM and no supp you cant get MA?

I just had to tell someone I can't do enrolment to MA I thought I could do Because she had no previous coverage. What I am confused about I was told previously if someone had medsupp they can purchase MA during OE, So If someone on OM and med supp can get MA how come OM and no supp you cant get MA?

1/1 to 3/31 is officially the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period. So if you're not a Medicare Advantage member, no soup for you.

Edit to add: The med supp is a non-factor. No one on Original Medicare can enroll into MA during OEP.

1/1 to 3/31 is officially the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period. So if you're not a Medicare Advantage member, no soup for you.

Edit to add: The med supp is a non-factor. No one on Original Medicare can enroll into MA during OEP.

That makes more sense.

just had an MAPD client call me
telling me that "Medicare" called her saying that there is an opportunity to switch plans and save her a lot of money. I tried getting the phone number from her, but she didnt have it, I was planning to report it.

Apparantly some agents are marketing OEP.

just had an MAPD client call me
telling me that "Medicare" called her saying that there is an opportunity to switch plans and save her a lot of money. I tried getting the phone number from her, but she didnt have it, I was planning to report it.

Apparantly some agents are marketing OEP.

I would be sur[rized if there were not some agents are marketing OEP

Although it's not necessary, It is just easier just to market regularly and just have more opportunities to help people

I already had a client tell me too that he was cold called from a lady asking if they would like to save on their health coverage. When he said yes she connected him with an agent who said he should move from his Aetna ppo to an Aetna hmo.

Thankfully the client called me and asked about the plan. I tried calling the agent the whole day and got a busy signal. I knew this crap would happen and I knew I’d hate OEP.

I’m sure there’s even agents here that think that phone call was ok

I already had a client tell me too that he was cold called from a lady asking if they would like to save on their health coverage. When he said yes she connected him with an agent who said he should move from his Aetna ppo to an Aetna hmo.

Thankfully the client called me and asked about the plan. I tried calling the agent the whole day and got a busy signal. I knew this crap would happen and I knew I’d hate OEP.

I’m sure there’s even agents here that think that phone call was ok

Cold calls are never ok with MA but it happens, there will always be agents trying to get over, but it's stupid and unnecessary, probably very difficult

I will say when OEP was here before I worked at a call center and I did not lose really any buis from another agent during OEP, I think most people are done after AEP unless there is an issue

I had one sign up for MA during AEP wanted supp but was going in for testing due to spot might have been cancer, We touched base a few days ago test went well but client said she was exhausted from looking at plan aep and did not want to get supp at this time

People don't like to change unless there is a need, especially if the agent is thorough.

Again the rules seem to apply only for independent agents during this OEP. Humana ran a 1/2 hour infomercial (similar with what's aired during AEP) for MAPD's and all the extra benefits that Joe Namath also touts sometime last week.
The handwriting is on the wall.....read and interpret as you wish. Don't shoot me, I don't even know how to play the piano!

Again the rules seem to apply only for independent agents during this OEP. Humana ran a 1/2 hour infomercial (similar with what's aired during AEP) for MAPD's and all the extra benefits that Joe Namath also touts sometime last week.
The handwriting is on the wall.....read and interpret as you wish. Don't shoot me, I don't even know how to play the piano!

Not to defend them (and I haven't seen the commercial), but usually outside AEP Humana targets low income/dual eligibles. Will they probably catch some OEP fish? Sure, but I doubt they're directly marketing to them. Hate the game, not the player.

Back