OFF Exchange - Premium Payment Timeline?

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Does anybody know for sure when a client's bank account will be drafted for OFF exchange apps that are done today, where bank or CC info is required at time of application, but of course the effective date is Jan 1st?

Done next day? next week? On Jan 1st?

UHC?
Humana?
Aetna?
BCBS?

Please ask your reps when on the phone with them. Of course I'm telling my clients to be prepared for immediate draft, but would like to know the answer so my monthly tight budget clients don't push off doing the application for a few weeks.

Does anybody know for sure when a client's bank account will be drafted for OFF exchange apps that are done today, where bank or CC info is required at time of application, but of course the effective date is Jan 1st?

Done next day? next week? On Jan 1st?

UHC?
Humana?
Aetna?
BCBS?

Please ask your reps when on the phone with them. Of course I'm telling my clients to be prepared for immediate draft, but would like to know the answer so my monthly tight budget clients don't push off doing the application for a few weeks.

In my experience (with Humana, UHC, Cigna, and Aetna) they draft almost immediately after the application is approved, there is no waiting period.

It's completely unfair to clients and agents and make me wait until early December to submit most of my Off Exchange apps, I don't want clients drafted in November for a January premium.

Hmmm I did not know this. I wonder if it's better to have them set it up as direct pay and then change to auto draft later? I have a young person who's $400 premium is due early December and is switching to UHC. No way they want $800 to come out early

Back