Off-shore Telemarketing

Quick/newby question. What is the focus of the telemarketer call when the prospect is interested in medsupps?

1. Telemarketer sets up a face 2 face meeting for you?
2. Sets up a phone 2phone appointment for you?
3. Marketer transfers the call in real time for you to take over?

What does the telemarketer do when the prospect has questions that only you the agent can answer?

Quick/newby question. What is the focus of the telemarketer call when the prospect is interested in medsupps?

1. Telemarketer sets up a face 2 face meeting for you?
2. Sets up a phone 2phone appointment for you?
3. Marketer transfers the call in real time for you to take over?

What does the telemarketer do when the prospect has questions that only you the agent can answer?

You can have the telemarketer do any of those with the right hardware (my dialer does live transfers). The best way I've found to work with a telemarketer is to have them set a soft time for a follow up call. The telemarketer shouldn't really be asking any questions. Any questions should just be passed on with the lead info.

ime, you absolutely must use a dialer (by hand is far too inefficient) and you need someone with an ego.

yes, an ego. one of my favorite methods for making a hire is to put up an ad on CL, and when they call, try to talk them out a job, asking about experience, whether they really think they can do this work (ego test), whether they have enough experience, etc. the strong survive and come in for an interview, and usually last a while.

however, you do have to pay them enough. Straight hourly with no spiff isn't going to work.

budjm...I like your reverse psychology on the interview. Never heard of that and in a twisted way may work. I agree..straight pay won't work...need to have tiered incentives to keep them from "dialing for dollars."

I'm thinking of trying Odesk or similar service.

Say I use Odesk. I hire a telemarketer from the Philippines. I give her the script, an excel spreadsheet with the names/ numbers and an information collection sheet. Does she have her own telephone equipment? Can she work off of the spreadsheet? How do I know how many calls are made? Odesk states they have a method to track hours but I'm not sure how that works.

Would I be better served to use a web based dialing system where she accesses the web and places the calls through them? It certainly would be easier to measure productivity.

I'm thinking of trying Odesk or similar service.

Say I use Odesk. I hire a telemarketer from the Philippines. I give her the script, an excel spreadsheet with the names/ numbers and an information collection sheet. Does she have her own telephone equipment? Can she work off of the spreadsheet? How do I know how many calls are made? Odesk states they have a method to track hours but I'm not sure how that works.

Would I be better served to use a web based dialing system where she accesses the web and places the calls through them? It certainly would be easier to measure productivity.

oDesk can be a good time. There is certainly a learning curve with the whole process too. You can require them to have anything you want, but it can limit your pool. Especially if you're going to be paying someone hourly, having them on a web based dialer makes all the sense in the world. You know when they logged in, how many calls they made, and all they need is a stable internet connection and a headset which most of them will have.

If you use a dialer they'll be able to make more calls too, so your per call cost is usually going to be lower that way than if you didn't use a dialer.

So has anyone actually had any success with Odesk? Either from a telemarketer in the US, or one from abroad?

Same question/an udpate on that "KM2 Solutions" company?

So has anyone actually had any success with Odesk? Either from a telemarketer in the US, or one from abroad?

Same question/an udpate on that "KM2 Solutions" company?

Here was my experience:
I hired 2 filipino telemarketers from odesk, in December.
Their job was to cold call, try to set appointments for Medicare Supplements. They worked for 3 weeks. Between the 2 of them and the appointments they set, a total of one policy was written off of their work.
I went back to my old telemarketer starting last week and have written 700% more apps.
If I were to ever use odesk again, I would not go the foreign route. There are plenty of Americans you can hire off there.

Back