Office Layout Suggestions/Tips

We are moving into a new office early next year. I am looking for any tips/suggestions from anyone who has completed a build out. Our new office will be in a historic building with brick walls, wood floors and tin ceilings. Basic shape is 20 ft wide and about 100 ft long. Right now there are no walls or barriers so we can come up with any plan we want. We are going to try and keep the historic feel of the building whenever possible.
Right now we have plans for a conference room and 5 private offices. What is the office of the future going to need? What do you like/hate about your office? We are an independent P&C agency and are expanding into life/health sometime next year.
Thanks!!!

One thing I would do differently about our office is invest in having hard wired computer/phone connections. We all had laptops that we use but when several of us start using the wirless it really slows us down.

We are also using an older building and it has been a pain to move things and put in the T1 lines, would have been much easier if we had done that to start off with.

I agree, you'll want to get everything wired which can be a pain in the butt if it's all brick. I don't think the office of the future has anything different from the office of right now. When I upgrade to a larger building (hopefully I make enough money some day to neccesitate that) I have some things that I'd like to do but they are personal things that go with my personality. I think it's just important that the atmosphere of the office projects the message you want your customers to get.

Good point on getting wired. The phone/IT company I use said they could run the building easily because there is full basement and the phone/internet lines come directly into the basement. They will run lines to each office and then go straight up through the floor.
With the economy in the crapper in Michigan I am getting a real good deal on a big space. I am locking in some long term options at lower rates. If you feel your business is solid now is good time to look at bigger spot.

Back