Office Space: How’s Yours?

Regarding your agency’s office space, which is most accurate?

• Ideal for our current needs

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Too small – we need more space

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too big – we should downsize

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Need to move to better location

• Location great, needs updating

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Office layout hinders productivity

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Have recently moved/upgraded

• My home office is ideal

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Posted a new article (link below) written exclusively for Insurance Forums by Tere Blanca, owner of a large commercial real estate brokerage in South Florida who has helped many insurance agencies relocate to office space more suitable for their needs and future business goals.

Got me to thinking about how long agencies have spent in their current locations and how often owners consider a move to a different space (be it bigger or smaller) to better fit the needs of their business.

Know a lot of Insurance Forums members are independents who work from home offices, but for those of you working out of an independent agency office, whether you own it or work there, please take a quick moment to answer the poll question, and to offer any additional thoughts on office space issues here.

Insurance Forums | Agencies look to next generation for their office space needs

Posted a new article (link below) written exclusively for Insurance Forums by Tere Blanca, owner of a large commercial real estate brokerage in South Florida who has helped many insurance agencies relocate to office space more suitable for their needs and future business goals.

Got me to thinking about how long agencies have spent in their current locations and how often owners consider a move to a different space (be it bigger or smaller) to better fit the needs of their business.

Know a lot of Insurance Forums members are independents who work from home offices, but for those of you working out of an independent agency office, whether you own it or work there, please take a quick moment to answer the poll question, and to offer any additional thoughts on office space issues here.

Insurance Forums | Agencies look to next generation for their office space needs

My office is in my home...years ago it used to be in my car, but now that's my mobile office.:yes:

I know you are asking about brick and mortar. I have done that and like a lot of agents now have an office at home. I find my office now is mostly about 3"X4", my Samsung Note 4. I can do just about all of my business on it and the cloud.

I know you are asking about brick and mortar. I have done that and like a lot of agents now have an office at home. I find my office now is mostly about 3"X4", my Samsung Note 4. I can do just about all of my business on it and the cloud.

The "cloud":, is that the thing you're on after smoking weed?:cool:

I have an office at my house and also a brick and mortar call center, but I can do everything on my iPad.

After working at home for almost 14 years (and making sure I was available to the kid turning 16 in a couple of weeks!), I am now considering an office. I need one with a seminar room large enough to host Medicare 101 seminars.

Now I am just trying to figure out if I really want to commit to a year lease AND the marketing budget to see if it will work. I'm looking at about a $1200/month commitment for the lease and mailings. So am I going to add 4 apps a month to justify the expense?

Anybody with experience in this want to jump in?

After working at home for almost 14 years (and making sure I was available to the kid turning 16 in a couple of weeks!), I am now considering an office. I need one with a seminar room large enough to host Medicare 101 seminars.

Now I am just trying to figure out if I really want to commit to a year lease AND the marketing budget to see if it will work. I'm looking at about a $1200/month commitment for the lease and mailings. So am I going to add 4 apps a month to justify the expense?

Why not a virtual office and rent the conference space as needed? You'll pay more per hour, but depending on the amount of usage it should be a lot less.

Why not a virtual office and rent the conference space as needed? You'll pay more per hour, but depending on the amount of usage it should be a lot less.

I've thought about that, but my understanding is that its a "mindset". People who will do business over the phone, don't show up for seminars. Then vice-versa...people who show up for seminars want to do a F2F close.

Has that been your experience?

Newby's giving away some office furniture, including a conference table. You just have to go to Henderson, KY to get it.:yes:

Back