OfficeDrop?

insurehound

Guru
100+ Post Club
Escondido
Anyone had experience with this Cloud-based solution? I am trying to implement a very low-budget storage and document management solution for our agency. I currently have Carbonite and Dropbox which I guess can be used for what I need but I thought OfficeDrop may be a better solution due to it's search functionality. I have two older owners of the agency that I work with that may or may not be open to the system. They are more paper people. But I need to have access to our files from remote location as I am handling more and more of the business.

I'm a little foggy on how people use Carbonite and Dropbox in the way I want to use it. Concerns for me would be how one makes adds/changes to documents on the road or at a Home office. For example, logging a conversation with a client. We use a simple Word Doc now that we hand write a recap of the call. In a perfect world, I would use an Insurance CRM/Document Management Solution but it's not in the price cards at the moment.

Another concern would be how one sets up their files when doing the inital scanning so that it's easily searchable. One PDF for the entire client file or multiple PDFs (like proposals, applications, etc.).

...and then there's HIPAA compliance! ACK!

I am so new to this that I am really confused. I did a test with Carbonite but I get lost when making changes to my documents on the road and how Carbonite handles that. I made a change to a test file but when I opened it back up, no change.

To sum it up, I currently use Carbonite and Drop box (to some degree) but is something like Office Drop a little better for a low-cost solution?

Sorry for the long post...

Last edited:
I would look into SkyDrive from Microsoft. It is integrated deeply within Windows and allows multiple computer access to the data (Windows 8 requires it). Coupled with the new Office 365 web apps you can edit and modify Office documents anywhere. You can also store everything in folders that are synced with multiple machines.

They also have apps for iOS, Android and Windows Phone.

You can also look at Google Drive. Same features as above, just different flavor.

Back