Officially Appointed

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
I know I've announced that the process has been going well for the last few weeks but I am now officially appointed with Erie Insurance as of today !

It was a really grueling process so anyone looking to get appointed give youself at least six months.

Depending on how long it takes for the state of NY to license my agency, I should be starting October 1st !

Thanks for all your help throughout the process.

Yanks should not have made it as far as they have this year with all the injurys and other distractions they have had..

How many rings do the yanks have again ? I can't remember...:twitchy:

I know I've announced that the process has been going well for the last few weeks but I am now officially appointed with Erie Insurance as of today !

It was a really grueling process so anyone looking to get appointed give youself at least six months.

Depending on how long it takes for the state of NY to license my agency, I should be starting October 1st !

Thanks for all your help throughout the process.

Congrats! Are you scratch agency or established? What did they want to see out of you and what were the biggest challenges? Sorry for the questions, I want to try to get appointed but I want to make sure I am a good candidate before trying.

I've worked in p&c for the last 2 years so I had a background but the carrier I was appointed with is one of the only preferred carriers left that will appoint a scratch agency. They wanted to see that I was new business hungry but at the same time cautious enough to write good business with a low loss ratio. Took 5 meetings, and personalilty test, and few other demonstrations to show them that I was what they wanted.

Personlity tests?
5 interviews?
(forgive me)....Whats the charade for?
You either produce good biz ir you dont.

Why does this company make it so tough?

Do they have an exclusive product?

???

Congrats man! Took me 6 months to get Erie they just won't appoint anyone. I'm assuming you took the scratch agent program?

Congrats man! Took me 6 months to get Erie they just won't appoint anyone. I'm assuming you took the scratch agent program?

I am still waiting on the paper work from them. They just called to congratulate me today and said they are sending everything over. Whatever perks they offer I am going to take though, even if that means making them my only carrier for a few years

Back