OH 1st Mo on Part B Question with Rate

coachd

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a person who is 68 and just enrolled in part B 9/1. Tabaco user and I have some companies say she is not rated as a smoker, and others that say she is according to online apps.

Does anyone know if the company can charge a person that is OE on part B with smoker rates in OH?

I have a person who is 68 and just enrolled in part B 9/1. Tabaco user and I have some companies say she is not rated as a smoker, and others that say she is according to online apps.

Does anyone know if the company can charge a person that is OE on part B with smoker rates in OH?

That would be a no. In the states that don't waive the tobacco question, some companies will waive it.

ok. so smoker rate it is.

No, it's a non smoker rate. Ohio's one of the states that the question doesn't have to be answered. Sorry I didn't say that clearer.

----------

This gas come up before, so here's a list of the states that the tobacco question doesn't have to be answered for OE or GI.

AR, CO, CT, IA, IL, KY, LA, MD, MI, MO, NC, ND, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, UT, VA, VT, WA, and WI.

No, it's a non smoker rate. Ohio's one of the states that the question doesn't have to be answered. Sorry I didn't say that clearer.

----------

This gas come up before, so here's a list of the states that the tobacco question doesn't have to be answered for OE or GI.

AR, CO, CT, IA, IL, KY, LA, MD, MI, MO, NC, ND, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, UT, VA, VT, WA, and WI.

HMMMM... yet the online app for some companies make you answer and are quoting smoker rates.
Looks back to paper. I guess calling a couple companies as well.

HMMMM... yet the online app for some companies make you answer and are quoting smoker rates. Looks back to paper. I guess calling a couple companies as well.
An e-app that requires the smoking question to be answered doesn't necessarily mean smoker rates for an OE app. The only e-app I use is Aetna, and it prices the policy as preferred no matter how the smoking question is answered if it's OE or GI.

I get that the smoker rates might not apply if they answer yes to smoker on the application. It did on two companies in OH. I talked with 5 companies and they have told me policies in OH can charge smoker rates on OE business.

I get that the smoker rates might not apply if they answer yes to smoker on the application. It did on two companies in OH. I talked with 5 companies and they have told me policies in OH can charge smoker rates on OE business.

Wow, the chart I saw said they didn't have to answer the tobacco question in Ohio.

Back