Ohio Agent Can't Call How Do I Get Medicare Customers

Maj73

Expert
With the new Ohio Insurance Regulation that agents cannot contact seniors on the phone or in person, it seems the only avenue left is buying leads or mailers. I can call people in other States but I don't think selling over the phone without setting an appointment would be as successful. Can anyone give me advice on how to build a business in Medicare Sales without calling. Do Mailers really work!

My medicare mailers in ohio went from 3% return to 1% after the new law so good luck at 400 per mailing with 10 leads returned if you are selling medsupps good luck making a profit. And you can't pitch medsupps and life at the same time now.

With the new Ohio Insurance Regulation that agents cannot contact seniors on the phone or in person, it seems the only avenue left is buying leads or mailers.
Sounds like you've got your panties in a wad because somebody "moved your cheese".
I can call people in other States but I don't think selling over the phone without setting an appointment would be as successful.
When you tested this, what were the results?
Can anyone give me advice on how to build a business in Medicare Sales without calling.
The strong will survive, and the creative will win. I can think of three marketing things (that don't involve calling them, or showing up on their doorstep) that I would be doing right now if I were you. Think man, think!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The seniors in Ohio just got screwed big time.
Because they don't have to deal with nitwit agents that don't add any value calling them incessantly, or because they won't be showing up at their front door like the Fuller Brush man?

Last edited:
Sounds like you've got your panties in a wad because somebody "moved your cheese".
When you tested this, what were the results?
The strong will survive, and the creative will win. I can think of three marketing things (that don't involve calling them, or showing up on their doorstep) that I would be doing right now if I were you. Think man, think!

I wear Jockey underwear!

I have not called out of Ohio, I was just assuming (ass of me)

1. Mailers - but with ODI new regulations this might be history.
2. Ads in paper.
3. Meetings

Last edited:
Let me guess what will happen...

Ohio agents won't be able to sell in Ohio.

Agents from other states will ignore it all and call anyway and replace all the Ohio agents business. State officials will pay themselves on the back for a job well done.

showing up at their front door like the Fuller Brush man

That brought back memories.

I remember him at the door, sample brush in hand, held out like a piece of candy. He always wore a suit and had a case with his brushes.

I don't know how many brushes my mother bought from him but you can bet it was a Fuller brush.

We also had Watkin's products and Met life insurance bought from the debit man that drove a Metropolitan.

Back