Ohio: Auto Enroll SNP MAPD Concern

islandbanker

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster to this forum.

I have been licensed and selling Medicare products since roughly 2013 here in Ohio. I received my Anthem commission statement today, along with a few concerned calls from current clients, and my entire SNP book of business was not on there.

Come to find out, or at least what I have gathered so far, Buckeye Health sent out a letter earlier this year promoting their SNP MAPD. Many of my clients either threw it away or don't recall receiving it.

Apparently, if they did not check the box Do Not Enroll, they were automatically enrolled into this plan!

Has anyone else ever experience this or currently finding this out in Ohio?

Any comments or information is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster to this forum.

I have been licensed and selling Medicare products since roughly 2013 here in Ohio. I received my Anthem commission statement today, along with a few concerned calls from current clients, and my entire SNP book of business was not on there.

Come to find out, or at least what I have gathered so far, Buckeye Health sent out a letter earlier this year promoting their SNP MAPD. Many of my clients either threw it away or don't recall receiving it.

Apparently, if they did not check the box Do Not Enroll, they were automatically enrolled into this plan!

Has anyone else ever experience this or currently finding this out in Ohio?

Any comments or information is much appreciated.

Thank you!

That seems odd. My SNP book is very small and I think most are with UHC's dual. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary... maybe I should check uhc...

You should have your Ohio clients complete a form when you sign them up that stops Medicaid from enrolling your clients back into Medicaid when they are Duel. There is a medicaid form that you should have your clients sign at the appointment. You send it in and they will not be taken away from you. Contact your UHC or Anthem rep for the form and they will confirm what I am telling you. Or, send me a email, I will forward you the form.

Also, the correct term for what happened to my SNP book of business is called "passive enrollment". To my understanding, the State of Ohio is the only state that still does this.

Back