Ohio Health Insurance Is Very Funny...

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
I have been waiting about a year to write this post. During that time, I have accumulated various quotes from prospects/clients I have talked to about Ohio health insurance plans. All of these quotes are actual statements from very sane individuals. I have NOT changed their statements (other than small grammatical changes)

I'm sure many of you can think of a few. Here are some of mine:

"I am definitely a non-smoker. I haven't smoked in three years, except after meals."

"Since this insurance is for my ex, I want the worst policy you have. Make sure the premium is as low as it gets and doesn't have any coverages worth using. I also want a company that fights every claim."

"I gave you my zip code since I am 30 years younger than my Mom who lives in Kentucky. The insurance is for her, but I'm hoping we can use my age for the rate."

"I am in perfect health with no conditions. But I do take medication for acid reflux and high blood pressure."

"I'm requesting a June 1st date for the policy to go into effect. I'll then get my physical that week and arrange a surgery date."

"If this policy covers maternity, I'll use it right away."

"Can I cancel this policy before you collect my first payment? That way, I can get my back looked at."

"Two other companies denied me coverage. But that was only because I gave them the wrong answers."

As I said, Ohio health insurance is very funny...

100% True.

Her:

"I don't want to make a decision before talking to my grand-daughter. She is really smart and works for an insurance company."

Me:
Really, is she an agent?

Her:
No, she cleans the offices at night.

And the all time favourite, "I will have to run it by my accountant":swoon:

I have gotten almost the same thing for a Med Supp in a trailer park. "I want to have my attorney look it over first."

Another one dealing with Med Supp.

"Oh, I could never cancel the policy I have with BC&BS. I have had insurance with them since I was 18 and if I cancel my BC&BS Medicare Supplement policy I will lose all that money I have paid them."

If we just didn't have to deal with the public this wouldn't be a half bad job. :D

Last edited:
Back from when I worked in a doctor's office, I heard this one at least three times a week:

"What the hell do you mean co-insurance? I just have regular insurance! And I done met my deductible!"

Back