Ohio is there a Gurantee Issue Medicare Supplement Company

I don't think anyone writes these type of companies for the rates or because they are the better company to go within many situations

For instance, BC of IL is high premium High increases, As well as low commissions, But When you have someone who cannot otherwise qualify and needs extensive care, What's wrong with writing a company like this?

Also, Medical Mutual increased their broker commissions as well. I think the risk pool will be ok. All the people have to come from a Supplement, so their coverage is currently covering them well. I think it would be worse if they were coming from a MA to a Supplement with no health questions. I am sure they are doing this because United Healthcare changed their Silver Sneakers program. I am getting so many people wanting to switch to Medical Mutual and all their supplements have the Silver Sneakers Program.

Do you recall what the new comp is? I've pretty much ignored them for med supps...

Also, on what, exactly, do you base the idea that you "think the risk pool will be fine." You realize... agents (like myself and countless others) have people on the books who can't move due to underwriting.

You think that we're going to move both those who can't pass UW AND those who can to MMofOH?

That's not how this works...

Examples: One of my clients wanted SS, we tried with Humana, he was declined. I can now move him to MM... Another client's wife got approved for a lower cost supp, but we couldn't do the app on her husband due to Rx's on decline list.

So...2 that can't move...

Another big group of clients, who all had SS with UHC, all healthy enough, have all moved to Anthem or Humana - they passed UW. Several moved to other carriers... aetna, MoO, etc., without SilverSneakers as they decided it was a benefit that they don't actually use.

Where do you think those 2 (unhealthy) will go... and what will that do (in scale) when hundreds of agents like myself have similar books?

We all send the "declines" to mm...

Frankly, I hesitate to send those 2 to MM as it feels like I've seen this rerun before... I think I'll tell them its available, but that I'm cautioning against it...

when hundreds of agents like myself have similar books?

Duh!

Carriers are dumb.

The plan N and BX party ended way too soon back in 2010 - 11. But not before a LOT of agents moved their zombie clients to a no-underwriting offer.

No one in their right mind put healthy folks in the mix.

You are right Scott. We have seen this movie before and it doesn't end well for clients or carrier.

Is @Daniel Gallagher hawking MM contracts? Sure seems like it.

Do you recall what the new comp is? I've pretty much ignored them for med supps...

Also, on what, exactly, do you base the idea that you "think the risk pool will be fine." You realize... agents (like myself and countless others) have people on the books who can't move due to underwriting.

You think that we're going to move both those who can't pass UW AND those who can to MMofOH?

That's not how this works...

Examples: One of my clients wanted SS, we tried with Humana, he was declined. I can now move him to MM... Another client's wife got approved for a lower cost supp, but we couldn't do the app on her husband due to Rx's on decline list.

So...2 that can't move...

Another big group of clients, who all had SS with UHC, all healthy enough, have all moved to Anthem or Humana - they passed UW. Several moved to other carriers... aetna, MoO, etc., without SilverSneakers as they decided it was a benefit that they don't actually use.

Where do you think those 2 (unhealthy) will go... and what will that do (in scale) when hundreds of agents like myself have similar books?

Frankly, I hesitate to send those 2 to MM as it feels like I've seen this rerun before... I think I'll tell them its available, but that I'm cautioning against it...

New BCBS comp is $360/yr forever. As earned. Pretty competitive.

I understand all your points, but I am also enrolling IEP clients into MM as well. I too will be moving all sorts of business to MM. In Ohio, they have the strongest price on Med Supps.

I understand all your points, but I am also enrolling IEP clients into MM as well. I too will be moving all sorts of business to MM. In Ohio, they have the strongest price on Med Supps.

Were you selling med supps back in 2010-11?

Experience is a good teacher. You may want to broaden your preferred carrier list...

...I think the risk pool will be ok. All the people have to come from a Supplement, so their coverage is currently covering them well. ...

Plan G - Male 65 - 15.6% increase in January ($102 to $117.94)

Hm. Wonder why we didn't see that coming.

You are making a HUGE mistake. You must be new to the biz because this NEVER goes well. I would NEVER put any one with other options into a plan that accepts GI or even near GI. If you have a lick of sense you KNOW the state is going to approve them for enormous rate increases in the near future based on claims experience.

You are making a HUGE mistake. You must be new to the biz because this NEVER goes well. I would NEVER put any one with other options into a plan that accepts GI or even near GI. If you have a lick of sense you KNOW the state is going to approve them for enormous rate increases in the near future based on claims experience.

Yeah, but that will be so....when, and this is so...now! :spinny:

Back