Ohio National - Best 10 year term?

Re: ohio national - best 10yr term?

Not really trying to beat them but pulled up compulife and ran a quote 250K 10 year level term preffered plus and Ohio National showed up at 16th place $130 annually some others showed up as

National Life Vermont $90
Reliastar $102.50
Protective Life/SBLI/West Coast $107.50
Banner $110

not going to list the rest. I don't know what amount you where running but you might want to check out compulife excellent resource

I'm not saying on1sony is doing this, but I do believe too many agents, especially newer ones, spend too much time chasing the lowest possible rate.

In my early years I would tell people I'd get them the best rate out there. Dumb! Live by the sword, die by the sword. I don't want my business with a client based on the lowest rate. I provide quality advice, and good service. I can't remember when someone asked me if I was providing the cheapest rate possible. I haven't lost a sale in years because someone was able to beat my rate by 10 bucks a month.

Find a good company, with decent rates, with decent compensation, good service to the agents, put most of your business with them, maximize your contract to get bonuses, trips, incentives, and benefits.

My opinion only.

I'm not saying on1sony is doing this, but I do believe too many agents, especially newer ones, spend too much time chasing the lowest possible rate.

In my early years I would tell people I'd get them the best rate out there. Dumb! Live by the sword, die by the sword. I don't want my business with a client based on the lowest rate. I provide quality advice, and good service. I can't remember when someone asked me if I was providing the cheapest rate possible. I haven't lost a sale in years because someone was able to beat my rate by 10 bucks a month.

Find a good company, with decent rates, with decent compensation, good service to the agents, put most of your business with them, maximize your contract to get bonuses, trips, incentives, and benefits.

My opinion only.

I agree Its irrational to go through the hoops to get appointed with a company for a $40 per year or $3.50 a month savings to the client. I'd rather deal with a Company that will give me good service and not be a hinderance in underwriting

Anybody beat ohio national on 10yr term rates?
california. super preferred.

They are very good rates but the conversion privilage ends when the policy term period ends so if you are looking at that that is a consideration. Although if you are looking to beat someone else's rates by $10.00 I doubt you are.

why are you selling 10 year term.....

I concur with those who have said that if the company makes getting your policy through underwriting too hard, it doesn't matter how cheap the products are. I had one major carrier, which, IMO, still has the cheapest term rates, but getting through underwriting was like pulling teeth. I think that out of four policies I submitted one month to them, they issued one of them.

Just remember, no matter how good of a salesman you are, if your policies don't get issued, you don't get paid.

Dave

no really....why would anyone recommend 10 year term....

I concur with those who have said that if the company makes getting your policy through underwriting too hard, it doesn't matter how cheap the products are. I had one major carrier, which, IMO, still has the cheapest term rates, but getting through underwriting was like pulling teeth. I think that out of four policies I submitted one month to them, they issued one of them.

Just remember, no matter how good of a salesman you are, if your policies don't get issued, you don't get paid.

Dave

I have a carrier that I have the same problem with, it may be the same as your's. They have fantastic rates and even great agent service, but, their underwriting is so prickly, you just can't folks covered.

Back