Ohio National is a Class Act

VaDwayne

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am sitting in the car as my wife drives, heading back to Virginia. Ohio National's 4 day seminar for PGA's in Cincinnati was well worth the trip. ON really came across as a class act, from the motel to the food. I don't think I have ever eaten so much food, and it was good; Wednesday night I had 2 nice prime ribs.

They have invested a lot of time getting it right and you could tell. I met everyone from the CEO/President to the receptionist. The CEO actually flies the companies jet as the captain, he was a cool guy and took time to answer all of our questions. He probably spoke to us for an hour and a half.

Being new to the business, I could probably be told anything and there is a good chance I would believe it but the agents that were there that had over 30 years in the business seemed to be just as impressed as I was.

I met Don Blanton of "Circle of Wealth" and also had someone from LEAP there as well.

The first day was dedicated to meeting the other 67 agents, passing on ideas, and discussing ON's investment philosophies. Oh yeah, and pigging out on prime rib.

Day 2 we reviewed UL and the illustration software, and had a great breakfast, lunch, and dinner, all on the house. We also had a top producer for ON fly in and talk to us about prospecting. I did not spend 1 dime the whole time I was there.

Day 3 we reviewed the illustration software and studied WL and Term policies. We also toured the underwriting department and was guided through the process by the underwriting staff. We also had one of ON's top producers speak to us. He had just written an application on a guy with a $400,000 a year premium. He was very good and made himself available for questions.

Day 4, Saturday, we reviewed the compensation plan again, and I found out that I was offered a very good contract upfront. Their retirement package is also great. We also had the Circle of Wealth" presentation.

Now, I'm on my way home. I feel much more knowledgable about this industry compared to when I left to go to Cincinnati.

If anyone has any questions about Ohio National, send me a message.

Probably had Art Sanger as a LEAP rep? I know he's a GA for Ohio National in Wisconsin. Either him or Al Dickens?

Yes, I concur. Ohio National is a CLASS ACT. I knew it when they sent me all the binders and such when I first got contracted a couple months ago. I feel like I've got a franchise, not just a contract. Having all the forms sent to me and to be able to order as many forms as I want is a small freedom that I didn't have before.

Software has been easy to work with. Website has a LOT to offer - particularly those who are new to insurance sales. The ON-Trac II is really good. One of the best "manuals" for the business that I've read.

I've been impressed with the comp plan as well. I consider myself to have limited experience, but the comp plan is very rich compared to the career agency I was at before. (Of course, I'm directly responsible for all my expenses instead of having a ledger with the career shop.)

Their Orientation Support team is very good. I've called them quite a few times. I'm looking forward to getting into more "advanced underwriting" with business owners - split dollar, key man, etc. I'm sure that their Advanced Underwriting team will walk me through the process.

They are MUCH more helpful and detailed. I've been looking into doing more VPD-type business and it's VERY well detailed on the Ohio National website. All the forms are needed and the process is well illustrated there.

I look forward to maximizing my contract with them and a long-term career.

Did they cover contracts available? I know there is the career agency contract in certain states, the PGA contracts in other states.

Where are the Builder contracts available?

Do they offer an MGA contract in states other than the "career" states?

Probably had Art Sanger as a LEAP rep? I know he's a GA for Ohio National in Wisconsin. Either him or Al Dickens?

Yes, I concur. Ohio National is a CLASS ACT. I knew it when they sent me all the binders and such when I first got contracted a couple months ago. I feel like I've got a franchise, not just a contract. Having all the forms sent to me and to be able to order as many forms as I want is a small freedom that I didn't have before.

Software has been easy to work with. Website has a LOT to offer - particularly those who are new to insurance sales. The ON-Trac II is really good. One of the best "manuals" for the business that I've read.

I've been impressed with the comp plan as well. I consider myself to have limited experience, but the comp plan is very rich compared to the career agency I was at before. (Of course, I'm directly responsible for all my expenses instead of having a ledger with the career shop.)

Their Orientation Support team is very good. I've called them quite a few times. I'm looking forward to getting into more "advanced underwriting" with business owners - split dollar, key man, etc. I'm sure that their Advanced Underwriting team will walk me through the process.

They are MUCH more helpful and detailed. I've been looking into doing more VPD-type business and it's VERY well detailed on the Ohio National website. All the forms are needed and the process is well illustrated there.

I look forward to maximizing my contract with them and a long-term career.

Do all starting PGA contracts have the same level commissions or are there different starting levels based on previous productions?

There are different levels depending on prior production.

Once your personal production is at the higher level with Ohio National, then you get the higher comp (and I believe that it's all retroactive for all production for the year too).

I had minimal production, so I started at a level 4 - the highest you can get without proven or documented production history. But that won't stop me from "climbing the ladder" to higher levels.

Do you know the comm.% for the different levels? And the production requirements? Group production? What is the level 4 comm.% w/ undocumented production? Thanks!

Insuranceman,

Level 4 and all others vary from product to product, and with different face amounts.

20 year term, Level 4 is 85. Top level is 105.

DI, non can, Level 4 is 70. Top level is 105.

Prestige Value Whole life, Level 4, 100,000 and above face is 85. Top level is 135.

Commission increases are retroactive.

Group life and health insurance are available at Level 5. Subsidy of 50% is available on health at Level 6 and above.

Profit Partnership Plan is available to agents meeting certain requirements. Compound annual growth rate of PPP over a 13 year period was 16.32%.

Did they cover contracts available? I know there is the career agency contract in certain states, the PGA contracts in other states.

Where are the Builder contracts available?

Do they offer an MGA contract in states other than the "career" states?

This meeting was for GA's only. I didn't hear any discussion about other contracts although I do know that they have career agents in some states.

For anyone in CA, Ohio National does NOT offer a DI product.

I use MassMutual as a broker or work through a local insurance brokerage firm.

Back