Ohio National leaving the Annuity & Retirement Plan business

Haha, I know they've had it...just haven't looked into it. I didn't have anyone I worked with that offered Mass until recently. I recall reading something about it a while back - is it either/or when it comes to policy design? Meaning they can either set the policy up to fund for the LTC, or set it up to max fund CV.

You can go direct with Mass, just contact your Regional Office. Often you get higher comp going direct with a Mutual... unless your upline is doing tons of business with them... and most are not.

It is either/or. It is a true Dividend Option. So no true overfunding with it. But dividends are split between the LTC/CV/DB, so the policy still performs well.

And on MMs 10 or 20 pay policies, there is very little room to overfund anyway. So the performance loss in CV is very minimal from a % standpoint. Imo, those are the products to use the Rider on.

Last edited:
Hey man, good to see you around.

Lincoln dropped Caps occasionally over the years, but they are still strong policies that perform well, and I still dont hesitate to sell LFG IUL if it fits.

Check out AGs IUL and Riders. Also their GUL.

What do you like about Lincoln IUL? That thing looked terribly expensive and very blah the last time I looked at it.

What do you like about Lincoln IUL? That thing looked terribly expensive and very blah the last time I looked at it.

Terribly expensive? I have not done a side by side comparison of their newest IUL. But previous versions were about average for the industry. And it looked solid when I ran illustrations.

And the illustration does not matter nearly as much as what the carrier does in the future. Lincoln has an EXCELLENT track record on renewals and expenses. They also provide superior customer service vs. many others. That matters more than initial Caps or Expenses.

Ive never had to apologize once for selling a LFG product. I would sell their IUL over most others on the market, but Midland and Penn are my go-to IULs. AG has a strong product too.

You know they have raised COI on their in force block right?

The move was very minimal. I have plenty of inforce business with them and I haven't seen any majorly negative effects from it, even when I run in-force illustrations.

Almost every major carrier in the market has lowered caps and or raised expenses. The question is to what extent was the change, what is their overall track record of it, and how is it affecting policies.

Back