Ohio Personal Lines Requirements/Regulations

Tcollins

Expert
Vermont
Hello again to the Insurance-Forums community.

I'm reaching out to see if anyone might be able to help point me in the right direction when researching the requirements and nuances when it comes to selling personal lines products (like personal auto, homeowners, dwelling fire, umbrellas) in the state of Ohio. I have my non-resident license and need to make sure I am prepared before I start working with Ohioans.

I am only familiar with Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine and need to get my feet wet with Ohio. I've tried calling the Ohio Department of Insurance and all they could tell me was to look at the Ohio Revised Code 3905 (Lawriter - ORC).

Can anyone help point me in the right direction here? All I've been able to find is that the state minimum liability limits for personal auto are 25,000/50,000/25,000. I really appreciate any insights or helpful tips. Thank you in advance everyone.

TCollins

TCollins - some helpful info is missing:
a) captive or independent?
b) producing for yourself/your business or someone else?
c) what's your experience level?

I've recently opened Cleveland Insurance Brokers ( www.cleinsurancebrokers.com ) and can likely give you some pointers.

Also, for anyone interested in OH, we're looking to bring someone on board that can generate their own leads/business. Feel free to reach out.

Attachments

• IMG_20181017_120219_990.jpg
    IMG_20181017_120219_990.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 1
TCollins - some helpful info is missing:
a) captive or independent?
b) producing for yourself/your business or someone else?
c) what's your experience level?

I've recently opened Cleveland Insurance Brokers ( www.cleinsurancebrokers.com ) and can likely give you some pointers.

Also, for anyone interested in OH, we're looking to bring someone on board that can generate their own leads/business. Feel free to reach out.

Thanks for your reply! I work for an independent agency, and producing for my business.

In terms of experience level, my organization has producers who have been selling for decades, and new hires who have just recently been licensed, so quite the variety of experience levels.

Back