Oil and natural gas workers-Assurant

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
Ok... I have a guy that works for an industrial retailer locally. He drives a drunk and is required to deliver fuel to feed lots and that type thing in his home town.

Is the decline on oil and nat gas workers for like refineries or people actually working in an oil field or for anyone that works with oil or natural gas period?

Thanks!

uh, drinking . . . ?

He is a truck driver. The Time underwriting guide says long haul truck drivers will be considered on a case by case basis. Good chance he does not qualify as long haul. Looks like a go.

As long as he can contain his drinking to off hours . . .

What makes long-haul drivers such a hazard, beyond potential medical bills in excess of auto coverage, which shouldn't be very high on a statistic basis?

uh, drinking . . . ?

He is a truck driver. The Time underwriting guide says long haul truck drivers will be considered on a case by case basis. Good chance he does not qualify as long haul. Looks like a go.

As long as he can contain his drinking to off hours . . .

So you think on/offshore oil and natural gas operations are talking about refineries and what not. Technically he does carry diesel and gas on his truck among other things to local feed lots. I put truck driver on the application, so I hope I did the right thing and this will work out...

Actuaries have their reasons . . . although their thought process does not have to be logical.

Could be because some of the policies are 24 hour coverage and there is greater risk with folks who are long haul truckers. Could be the moral risk. You can speculate until the cows come home but it does not change the fact that Time does not want long haul truckers.

The simplest thing is to find a carrier that doesn't get their panties in a wad over truckers.

What do you mean by 24 hour coverage?

No doubt.

Health insurance plans look at the total daily period of coverage in anticipation of risk. Generally work related coverages are riskier depending on occupation. Often workers compensation will cover the on-the-job type situations and the insures knows that anything on the job will not be their risk.
Dave
www.davefluker.com

So technically he is not a long haul driver or an offshore/onshore oil and natural gas operations worker either if I am getting you guys right... so I guess this is worth a shot?

Back