Ok guys what is working this year during enrollment????

This is short and sweet and to the point! For everybody who is involved in Medicare enrollment what is working what is not and what companies are you with.

I am in the Kansas City Metro are with a brokerage group that does Coventry, WellCare, and Pyramid.

Although I am having some sales in my mind I am getting slaughtered. I know my products well and the benefits. I am nice courteous and have the mindset that I am going to get the sell. I also treat the seniors like I would want someone to treat my grandparents if someone is sitting down with them.

The fact is I have been told twice that theyweren'tt buying. They hated Coventry, spent two hours with a guy who couldn't see the benefit in a Part C plan that even in worst case scenario would still save him 1200 dollars a year from his Medigap coverage that he spends 6200 dollars annually on.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. This is my first year with Medicare and I thought it would be a little smoother.

cod8825 said:
This is short and sweet and to the point! For everybody who is involved in Medicare enrollment what is working what is not and what companies are you with.

I am in the Kansas City Metro are with a brokerage group that does Coventry, WellCare, and Pyramid.

Although I am having some sales in my mind I am getting slaughtered. I know my products well and the benefits. I am nice courteous and have the mindset that I am going to get the sell. I also treat the seniors like I would want someone to treat my grandparents if someone is sitting down with them.

The fact is I have been told twice that theyweren'tt buying. They hated Coventry, spent two hours with a guy who couldn't see the benefit in a Part C plan that even in worst case scenario would still save him 1200 dollars a year from his Medigap coverage that he spends 6200 dollars annually on.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. This is my first year with Medicare and I thought it would be a little smoother.

Sounds like you're running appointments and not qualifying properly during the apt. setting time. Add this question to your call or when you are setting the apt., "If I show you H/C that is better and or cheaper then you have now, will you switch?", or word it like you like. If they say "No" or "I would have to think about it" then don't give them an appointment, you are just spinning your wheels. Now you will have to add time to your calling time and call more people but that is much cheaper and easier then running apt's all day to get "No's" or "I have to think about it". The whole idea is too see people that are willing to change if the change is beneficial, some just will not change what they have for various of reasons so don't waste your time on them but, be nice about it!

cod8825 said:

There's no sense in spending two hours with someone unless you're writing the application. And even then it's too long. You only have 6 weeks to get to as many people as possible. If they don't see the benefit, move on to the next one.

How competitive are the products you are offering? The Coventry plan is fairly good here in the metro ATL, but so are a couple of other plans. Can you offer a Med Supp as well? One of the things you have to remember about those folks with a Med Supp is that they are use to the fact that they don't pay anything other than the premium. And then you come along with this plan that saves them a tremendous amount of money, but it has all these copays and coinsurance. They like the simplicity of the Med Supp. If I came across a person that was paying $6200 a year for a supplement, my first question would be, "Would you like to see if you could save some money on your supplement". And then offer him the identical plan at a savings (if it's available to you). Sometimes you have to educate people on the fact that the benefits of supplements are identical when comparing the same plans. Then it's just a matter of price. If they are uninsurable, then I don't know if a MA plan is right for them anyway.

Just keep pounding the pavement and move on to the next one. Not much time left!!

Great posts keep them coming

James,

The company that I am working with already has the appointments preset so it is like this

John Smith 10:30 a.m.
123 Main Street Gladstone MO 64418

You get the idea I am not sure how the qualifying is done or anything. At least I haven't gotten where is my Bob Evans gift card :lol:

All of this is emailed to me the night before so I just show up go over a very short explanation and ask for the sell. The rep from coventary who did our training emphasized keeping it simple and not going over everything in great detail.

Sman

In the Kansas city area from what I know Coventary is pretty competitive.
I do know what you are talking about with all that seniors are use to is paying a supplement. I like the recommending the supplement to seniors who have good health as they are saving money and only having an out of pocket max of 2000 to 3000

Humana and Blue Cross offer similar plans and are the closet competition.

Cod -

Glad to see that you found a firm to go with.

What is Wellcare offering? MA plans or just Part D?

Pyramid is an unknown in the Kansas City market. The 2 main players are Coventry and Humana.

Coventry has the better premium, Humana has the better network and covers more area.

What counties are you focusing on?

Midwest Broker

You are correct in that with Coventary we are focusing on MA and Part D
Coventary has FREEDOM 1 98 dollars month. FREEDOM 2 has 0 Premium

I am working Jackson and Clay county but am considering pulling out or Clay as the Lawsuit in NKC or Liberty hospital is hurting my sales and their coverage is still small I lost to sales as the couples asked if their doctor was on the plan and I had to say NO

We are using WellCare for their WellCare Duet program for people who are on Medicare and Medicaid as it one of the only programs to work with both and from what I have read an awesome program.

I still wish there had been better training.

How is the Duet plan helpful to someone who is on Medicaid? Are you talking full QMB Medicaid or just SLIMB Medicaid...because I have three people right now who are on Medicaid that I could put on a MA plan if I want, but if they are at or under 100% of Federal Poverty Level then they get full Medicaid, which means no Medicare part B premium, no coinsurance, no deductibles. Switching them to a MA plan would force them to lose those benefits and have to pay their MA plan's copays,coins,ded

I have not seen the Wellpoint MA program for the Medicaid folks. The important thing to remember with those is when they hit their spend down, do they have to pay into the MA plan? If the answer is yes, then it is a bad deal for them. If it is no, then they might benefit from it. What is the premium on that?

Missouri Medicaid is worthless. All messed up. Depending on what time of the day you call will determin what answer you get.

I am guessing that FREEDOM 1 is a PFFS plan. The problem there is that people can spend an extra $50 a month and get Plan F and have no copays and a sep drug plan. However, if they are paying too much for their supp, it might work. That, and the captive Coventry reps are selling the $0 premium HMO's and PPO's. I am sure the FREEDOM 2 is full of co-insurance rather then co-pays.

PerfectChoice

You pose an interesting question I do not know if it for only SLIM or QBD eligible Medicaid recipants. In training they said ALL medicaid and Medicare recipants and nothing about a PAYDOWN or coinsurance like that.
This plan covered the a lot of dental vision and prescrition benefits. It was free and had small coninsurances on doctors and hosiptals.

Midwest

Freedom 1 and Freedom 2 are PFFS Freedom has 0 Copays on everything except 50 dollar emergency room, 150 ambulance ride and 50% on dental and vision services.

Freedom has little copays on everything till it reaches 3000 dollars.

cod8825 said:
PerfectChoice

Freedom 1 and Freedom 2 are PFFS Freedom has 0 Copays on everything except 50 dollar emergency room, 150 ambulance ride and 50% on dental and vision services.

You sure about that? Maybe you should put that crack pipe up? :D

Back