OK, Now I Understand,kinda,the FE Market

So if you have a white who can jump and claims dubious Cherokee ancestry, does that make him a melungeon?:twitchy:

Well, I'm white and Irish on my mom's side. My dad's mom was not only a hillbilly, but either 1/2 or 1/4 Indian. I'm not sure what tribe, but she was originally from Oklahoma. Not sure if that qualifies me as Melungeon. Well anyway this white guy can't jump very high...never could quite dunk it.:nah:

About 20 years ago, I broke both of my ankles and had casts on for 3 1/2 months and in a wheelchair. When the casts came off, I had to learn how to walk again...just like a baby. When I got to where I could walk again, I made my kids laugh by "trying" to jump. Hahaha I couldn't even get my feet off the ground. Made me laugh too.:laugh:

Well, I'm white and Irish on my mom's side. My dad's mom was not only a hillbilly, but either 1/2 or 1/4 Indian. I'm not sure what tribe, but she was originally from Oklahoma. Not sure if that qualifies me as Melungeon. Well anyway this white guy can't jump very high...never could quite dunk it.:nah:

About 20 years ago, I broke both of my ankles and had casts on for 3 1/2 months and in a wheelchair. When the casts came off, I had to learn how to walk again...just like a baby. When I got to where I could walk again, I made my kids laugh by "trying" to jump. Hahaha I couldn't even get my feet off the ground. Made me laugh too.:laugh:

I know that feeling and get it every time I try to challenge my son (don't really do that much anymore). The mind says "go", the body says "no".:laugh:

One thing my dad told me a few years back is really starting to sink in. He said one of the weird things about getting old is you can vividly remember all the things you could do when you were young (work, sports, sex), but can't do anymore.:sad:
But we never quite stop deluding ourselves. I think that's one of the reasons it can be really difficult to sell widowers insurance. In their mind, they are still 35 and there is no wife there to push them into buying.:yes:

I know that feeling and get it every time I try to challenge my son (don't really do that much anymore). The mind says "go", the body says "no".:laugh:

One thing my dad told me a few years back is really starting to sink in. He said one of the weird things about getting old is you can vividly remember all the things you could do when you were young (work, sports, sex), but can't do anymore.:sad:
But we never quite stop deluding ourselves. I think that's one of the reasons it can be really difficult to sell widowers insurance. In their mind, they are still 35 and there is no wife there to push them into buying.:yes:

I hear you. In my mind, I'm still in my mid 20's. Too bad my body doesn't feel the same way.:laugh:

I could jump pretty good for a white, {melungeon}, guy!!:yes:

I could dunk easily thru my teens and 20's and early 30's. Not so easy mid and late 30's but still could. I've played basketball all my life until I had to stop 3 years ago because of a ruptured disk.

That's healed now and I run 3 miles 3 times a week now. I would go back to playing basketball if we could only get 10 guys together regularly.

Last time I was able to dunk I was 40 years old. I wear ground Jordans now.:laugh:

I could dunk easily thru my teens and 20's and early 30's. Not so easy mid and late 30's but still could. I've played basketball all my life until I had to stop 3 years ago because of a ruptured disk.

That's healed now and I run 3 miles 3 times a week now. I would go back to playing basketball if we could only get 10 guys together regularly.

Last time I was able to dunk I was 40 years old. I wear ground Jordans now.:laugh:

White men can learn to jump. Like when we gave our then 3 year old son, who just turned 11, a ride on jeep for his birthday. I pulled it around to the front yard and he gets on, ready to go. But I forgot I'd taken the battery out to charge. So I got it and put it in place while standing in front of the thing. I guarantee you I jumped out of the way more quickly than I usually move when he hit the accelerater immediately. I was 50 at the time.

Worked for me.

White men can learn to jump. Like when we gave our then 3 year old son, who just turned 11, a ride on jeep for his birthday. I pulled it around to the front yard and he gets on, ready to go. But I forgot I'd taken the battery out to charge. So I got it and put it in place while standing in front of the thing. I guarantee you I jumped out of the way more quickly than I usually move when he hit the accelerater immediately. I was 50 at the time.

Worked for me.

Just need the proper motivation.

I'm 6'0" and could get the ball to the top of the rim, but never could get it over and in for a dunk...so close, but not quite. If only I'd been an inch taller.

How tall are you? Seems like I heard you're a foot taller than DIGGY. LOL

5 on 5 full court just doesn't work for the old guys. Propose some 4 on 4 half court and you just might get some takers.:idea:

I'm 6'0" and could get the ball to the top of the rim, but never could get it over and in for a dunk...so close, but not quite. If only I'd been an inch taller.

How tall are you? Seems like I heard you're a foot taller than DIGGY. LOL

I'm 6'3". People seem to think I'm taller but that's the measurement. It's funny, I got to meet Hank, Jr. last summer thanks to Travis. Got my picture made with him and I'm taller than him in the picture. And he's wearing cowboy boot and I'm wearing tennis shoes.

According to the DAC song Hank, Jr is supposed to be 6'4". :yes:

----------

5 on 5 full court just doesn't work for the old guys. Propose some 4 on 4 half court and you just might get some takers.:idea:

I'm not interested in anything but full court 5 on 5. There's a group that plays in Evansville every Sunday that I used to be a part of. I can still got there but it's an hour drive one way and playing just once a week is not a good formula. That's not enough to keep you in basketball shape but just enough to keep you hurt all the time.:yes:

I played locally for more than 30 years and those guys still get together sometimes but you just can't get 10 regulars to show up every week.

You will have 12 one week and then the next week there will be 6 or 7.

We had a group of 12-13 guys that played every week and you could count on them every week. If one of them didn't show up we would know to check on them. Something is wrong. You just can't get that anymore. Around here anyway.

Back