Old Liberty National agents?

mudhound

Guru
100+ Post Club
As an old Liberty National agent I wonder how many are out there on the platform? I started with them back 30 years ago. I recall so fondly going door to door. I would pick up $25 here and $70 there.

I knew my time was up when I was told NOT to accept cash at all! Heck, in my assigned area the largest bank was “Bank of the Mattress” . LOL!!!!!! :yes:

I too get a retirement from them. I spent 7.5 years chasing people
I made good money back then.
Nev worked for them but I have two memories about them from the "old" days.

One, their district manager in Cleveland TN- Hobart Preston- ( why I remember his name after 40 years when I can't remember my own I don't know) filled in as moderator when I was taking LUTCII - Business Insurance.. Don't know why they chose him because the only thing he wanted to talk about was how to write $10 weekly premium per day.

The other was when they sent guys to Athens, TN to open up new debits.. They were the hardest working debit agents I had ever seen. Constantly cold canvassing from daylight to dark... I ran inot a lot of business they wrote....... even replaced some of it..;)

I worked for them more recently after the debit and after they were bought by torchmark. they were kind of flailing around trying to decide their business model with no debits to run. I think they may have finally settled upon worksite marketing or something. who knows

Their home office is in McKinney, TX, across the road from my neighborhood. I run into their policies in my home town from time to time, sold by agents that cold canvass in the same neighborhoods they used to run debits. I have run into them in Dallas, too, but not nearly as often. Apparently agents are 1099 self employed now, not W-2 employees. So no benes, no retirement, etc. Their website claims their average agent makes $70k plus, and their top agent for 2017 made nearly $600k. I considered going to them when I first became independent, but I have some issues with the way they market some products under their other brands.

Their home office is in McKinney, TX, across the road from my neighborhood. I run into their policies in my home town from time to time, sold by agents that cold canvass in the same neighborhoods they used to run debits. I have run into them in Dallas, too, but not nearly as often. Apparently agents are 1099 self employed now, not W-2 employees. So no benes, no retirement, etc. Their website claims their average agent makes $70k plus, and their top agent for 2017 made nearly $600k. I considered going to them when I first became independent, but I have some issues with the way they market some products under their other brands.
When Liberty National created Torchmark, they were based out of Birmingham. Globe was out of Oklahoma City and United American was in McKinney. :yes:

When Liberty National created Torchmark, they were based out of Birmingham. Globe was out of Oklahoma City and United American was in McKinney. :yes:
They run all 3 out of McKinney now. When we first moved here United American was the largest employer in town. Shortly after that they changed the name on the building to Torchmark. Since then they’ve moved LNL and Globe Life operations to McKinney. In the last year or so they took down all the Torchmark signage and replaced it with Globe Life signage. I’m not sure why they did that.

I cut my teeth with them back in 1998 in Tampa.. first ever ins gig- gave you a book.. if a client lapsed they charged you back even though you didn't write the business.. no leads..rates were done with pen and paper and all cold calling or doing policy reviews to generate new business.. was with them for 8 months till I ran across a insurance mag and found a company offering free leads with 80% commissions doing mortgage ins. went from making a $200 draw a week to making $2,000... It was a good experience tho'.. taught me how to be disciplined and work hard..

They run all 3 out of McKinney now. When we first moved here United American was the largest employer in town. Shortly after that they changed the name on the building to Torchmark. Since then they’ve moved LNL and Globe Life operations to McKinney. In the last year or so they took down all the Torchmark signage and replaced it with Globe Life signage. I’m not sure why they did that.
Probably name recognition(Globe is a better known name now than the others), and the fact that Torchmark doesn't have the best reputation. Similar to Conseco, more or less getting rid of their tarnished name and using the Washington National name. :yes:

Is AIL out of McKinney now too? :huh:

Back