Old Plans I & J, Can't Afford Supps, MAPD?

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
Need help with advising older Medicare prospect. Doing more senior sales this year than in past. Got a referral, could I help their friend. Couple in late 70's has had same MedSupp since T65, got PDP when RX stripped from I & J plans. Each paying over $200 for supp. Say they are having cash flow problems, but will be selling house in spring--note--will sell for less than the value figure prospect quoted me--if they are willing to take market value. Also other investments they would prefer to not sell for cash flow.

This late in the season I fear putting them into MedSupp underwriting and then losing the AEP.

If they did go on MAPD and switched in 1st year, they would have GI supp if they find the OOP too scary long run. Concerning. :skeptical:

Depends on the quality of the mapd you have in your area. The 12 mo trial does provide an escape clause if hey don't like it. The thing I'd have in mind before advising this is what plan C or F sup is in your area that yon put them in. Secondary is will that sup pay you.

Thanks for info. I have the paperwork going with a carrier to offer Plan N at good rate, but underwriting will likely be an issue. Haven't gone into detail with health conditions. Fall back is Humana MAPD (only carrier in this county), which he has said looks attractive due to cash flow.

Haven't heard complaints about Humana from those enrolled as I talk to people who stop by the store kiosk. Usually they are complimentary.

Back