Old_Watchman

Phillip Arnn

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
TX
Hello everyone, I am Phil and I am 60 years old and just starting my career in insurance. I have been out of work for many months and am hoping to make a go of it in the MP products arena. I came to the forum because of some posts on NAA which is the group with whom I am affiliating. My sponsor is a full time doctor and has made a lot of money in his first ventures out the door. He is a newbie like me. I have just passed my state exam (TX) a couple of weeks ago and I am waiting for my #. I hope to learn from my immediate associates and from you all here.

Just goes to show you that Doctors can be pretty stupid. I'm sure that they did not teach him anything about life insurance in med school. He is using his position as a doc to push non med naa crap - his clients (patients?) figure if he says it is good, then it must be.

Sounds like there may be a conflict of interest there - if he knew what he was talking about, he would certainly see that there is an ethical issue.

I suppose he tells his patients that they have HBP and better get mortgage ins. (non med) now before things get worse. Boy are they lucky - he just happens to sell the crap!!!

Maybe what he really wants is a P&C license so he can get paid commissions on his malpractice insurance?

Am I a chair in the room? Can't you speak to me? I have read the posts on
ripoff report, con and pro. I came here thinking I would be talking to professionals of good charactor and that I might recieve some support. All I get is three punk blow hards. I don't need this.

Well, then, speaking as a "punk blowhard" myself, if you can't stand the heat in this kitchen, you will have a really tough time in the business. You really don't want the advice of seasoned pros? Or is that something you just "do" - ask people for advice, buck it, and then fail on your own? Well, then, good luck to you.

Better grow some thicker skin Phillip. Only 3 comments and you want to quit? You will learn after you gain experience, that professionals do not work for NAA. We place the best interests of our clients first - the money factor is important but secondary to it. NAA does the opposite, they want to make money and the best interests of the client come after that.

Are you sure you read the threads about NAA on this forum?

Even Zack quit drinking the kool aid - and he was hardcore.

What is it that you wanted to know or hear? If the truth about NAA offends you coming from experienced agents, then you may want to rethink your reasons for entering into the field of insurance.

Am I a chair in the room? Can't you speak to me? I have read the posts on
ripoff report, con and pro. I came here thinking I would be talking to professionals of good charactor and that I might recieve some support. All I get is three punk blow hards. I don't need this.

Perhaps, you could hook up with our buddy from PPL, and double your chances for success. Just a friendly suggestion, from punk blow hard #4.

Bill, what serious advice did you give me?
BK, I am not offended by the truth about anything. If I cannot serve my client with this outfit I need information. And, no, I have not read the threads. It seems that the more detailed comments are on an older version of this site. How do I access them? And, why would you attack my friend? He is new too. And I am not his patient. Look, I can play with the Big Boys. I just don't need a lot of juvenile comments when I ask a question.
New Guy, I don't know what PPL is.
Look, I am 60 years old, out of work, have a bad heart, my wife has diabetes and I am going to lose my health insurance at the end of the year. Are you men telling me that I cannot sell an honest product from F&G and Forersters? One of you said their MP product is "crap". Is it not term or decreasing term? Why is this "crap" when every company sells it?
Anyway, this time. thank you for talking to me instead of around me.

I wonder how well a 60 yr. old will do in what really is a young person market. I'm 53 (but I read at a 55 year old level) and don't think I would relate well with the younger people when it comes to MP.

That being said, you might be better served by working with the senior market. Commissions per sale for Med Supps are not terribly large, but they do stay on the books and you rarely have to work nights.

The same holds true for health insurance. You can help people from 25-65. I think (and this is from someone who is not in that market), that MP is a difficult sale and best left for young people who love calling people and seeing them in the evening.

Now, as far as how to get started in the senior market, I don't know. In Texas there are some good companies and if you can hook up with someone like Mutual of Omaha you would have excellent chance of success.

Rick

Back