Omaha Health Insurance Company Suspended by CMS?

When I saw the memo last week that they had made a business decision to pull their PDP plan in Florida I thought that might have some consequence with CMS given the marketing season had begun. No idea though whether that had anything to do with this suspension.

When I saw the memo last week that they had made a business decision to pull their PDP plan in Florida I thought that might have some consequence with CMS given the marketing season had begun. No idea though whether that had anything to do with this suspension.

I think you may be right since reason given is " contract administration "

Date Action Taken
2018-10-12
Organization Name
Omaha Health Insurance Company
Action Taken
Immediate Suspension of Enrollment and Marketing
Basis for Action
Contract Administration
Effective Date
2018-10-12

On behalf of Mutual of Omaha, I would like to apologize for the confusion this is causing. You’ll notice if you read the letter CMS posted, this sanction only involves the state of Florida (PDP). There was an administrative issue with our license to sell PDP in Florida and the resolution of this issue has been delayed as a result of the department of insurance offices being closed due to Hurricane Michael. CMS has indicated once they have proof we have obtained the proper license in Florida we will resume marketing PDP in that state. No other states or products are affected by this sanction.

We are pleased to announce that Mutual of Omaha has received all necessary licenses and approvals and will offer its Medicare Prescription Drug Plans in the state of Florida, effective immediately.

An administrative issue with our license to sell Part D in Florida, and the fact that Hurricane Michael delayed the resolution of the issue with the Florida Department of Insurance, forced us to halt marketing and sales of our Prescription Drug Plans in the state.

We worked closely with the Florida Department of Insurance and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to resolve this administrative issue. We appreciate the dedication and sense of urgency displayed by both agencies.

We are resuming our marketing activities in Florida, and we are now able to accept applications for the Mutual of Omaha Rx Value enhanced plan and Mutual of Omaha Rx Plus basic plan from Medicare beneficiaries in Florida.

The Mutual of Omaha Medicare Prescription Drug Plans are now available in 49 states and the District of Columbia.

Back