On an MAPD for the first time for less than 12 months, wants to go back to supplement ...

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
in this case is the beneficiary allowed to pick any supplement plan available in his area, or must he go back to the plan he was on before signing up for the MAPD?

TIA.

Here is some information on the Medicare Advantage Trial Right - Medicare Advantage Trial Right – Your “Get Out of Jail” Free Card

If You Joined a Medicare Advantage Plan at Age 65
If you joined a Medicare Advantage plan when you were first eligible for Part A at age 65, you can switch to original Medicare at any time within the first 12 months in that plan. Under this Medicare Advantage Trial Right scenario, you have a right to purchase any Medigap plan available from the company of your choice in your state.

Here is some information on the Medicare Advantage Trial Right - Medicare Advantage Trial Right – Your “Get Out of Jail” Free Card

If You Joined a Medicare Advantage Plan at Age 65
If you joined a Medicare Advantage plan when you were first eligible for Part A at age 65, you can switch to original Medicare at any time within the first 12 months in that plan. Under this Medicare Advantage Trial Right scenario, you have a right to purchase any Medigap plan available from the company of your choice in your state.

That doesn't seem to be pertinent to the question asked. The op said the person was on a med sup plan before.

Not sure if it helps, but medicare gives them a 12 month trial right, and I believe UHC extends that to a 24 month trial right. If they tried the MAPD for the first time, and have had it less than 24 months, UHC will take them onto a medigap. I did it for a guy a couple years ago. Unfortunately, I also forgot to do the UHC meduspp certification prior to submitting it. The guy was overjoyed that he got approved, but I never got paid. :(

[QUOTE=" I also forgot to do the UHC meduspp certification prior to submitting it. The guy was overjoyed that he got approved, but I never got paid. :([/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that, but what is an UHC med sup certification?

log in to Jarvis and go to the knowledge center. under certifications, choose the AARP Medicare Supplement plans certification option. Complete the certification and you should be good to go. Make sure you are certifying for the correct plan year. Contact the producer help desk if you have any questions/problems.

Good luck!

Not sure if it helps, but medicare gives them a 12 month trial right, and I believe UHC extends that to a 24 month trial right. If they tried the MAPD for the first time, and have had it less than 24 months, UHC will take them onto a medigap. I did it for a guy a couple years ago. Unfortunately, I also forgot to do the UHC meduspp certification prior to submitting it. The guy was overjoyed that he got approved, but I never got paid. :(
Does the client have to be enrolled in a UHC MA to qualify for the 24 month trial right or can he be coming from a different carrier onto the UHC supp?

Back