Oncologist Rants at CMS Doc, and Meeting Audience Cheers

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
Medscape: Medscape Access

Rodney Jamil, MD, of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) Pinnacle, in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, was in the audience at the meeting and addressed Ron Fine, MD, of CMS's patient care models group. Dr Fine was participating in a meeting roundtable discussion on value-based cancer care.

Speaking from the meeting floor, Jamil talked for roughly a minute and concluded by venting about the high cost of cancer drugs.

"It's the American taxpayer who subsidizes your institution and pays your salary, and you turn around and you want to rip [off] the taxpayer who subsidizes your organization, so why can't you get your act together and be a capitalist and negotiate drug prices with the pharmaceutical companies!" he fumed.

Not sure I would want them negotiating anyhow, government doesn't seem to be very good at shopping.

31,000 dining set - Ben Carson
24,000,000 refridgerator for AF One

I have some friends that work for Boeing and Honeywell and they tell me some of the prices paid by the government and it is ridiculous. They will pay $20 for something that anyone can walk into Walmart and buy for $7.

They will pay $20 for something that anyone can walk into Walmart and buy for $7.

Anyone?
89fa37109d6d022f0bab57503d91e79d.jpg

Back