One Card System

trucker26

I Am New To The Insurance Business. I Was Told That The One Card System Was A Good Way To Learn How To Approach A Prospect And Get The Conversation Started About Life Insurance And Take Me Step By Step On How To Get The Sale. Could i get some advice to whether or not this system is worth the money?

I am interested in hearing from those who have made it work well also. I know the basic scheme and scripts: I know for instance the system does involve asking your clients quite a bit for referrals; so it could be double-edged.

The OCS is a wonderful tickler file system in a hard format. You will find anything that keeps you in contact with prospect and customers, a good investment. Remember the OCS is a tool and it takes people to run the tools. You will also need a good prospecting tool.

Well said! I think we often are looking for the 'magic bullet' that will do the work for us. A hammer doesn't build a house unless someone picks it up and uses it. If someone does, the fact they have a 16 oz hammer or a 22 oz hammer doesn't make near the difference as the fact the hammer is being used.

We all have our favorite tools in this business. We all hope that someday, they will run our businesses for us, but, we have to remember, we have to use the tools we have, regardless of what they are. I've never used it, but I have known people that swear by the one card system because it works (they use it diligently). Others prefer electronic media, with alerts, warnings, buzzers, bells, and other things we can ignore!

Dan

I worked for a large national company with the agents career offices all over the place. They gave all of us the one card system like in 2006 or so. Nobody in our office ever did use it. I know I did not.

It was extremely bulky and confusing and all these 3X5 cards, it was an antique. There are computer programs that do the same thing, and all on your laptop. Unless the ocs has been converted to computer- then it may be good.

I worked for a large national company with the agents career offices all over the place. They gave all of us the one card system like in 2006 or so. Nobody in our office ever did use it. I know I did not.

It was extremely bulky and confusing and all these 3X5 cards, it was an antique. There are computer programs that do the same thing, and all on your laptop. Unless the ocs has been converted to computer- then it may be good.

It may be an antique but if one will use it they will succeed. It is not whether one uses the cards or not as much as employing a system for activity and accountability. One of the problem of computer systems is a lot of time can be spent inputing information and doing secretarial type stuff instead of selling.

A followup system is a tool for the agent. xrac nailed it, it really doesn't matter what system you use, as long as you have a system in place that you use.

Do it electronically, all the better. Unfortunately, few agents do this, and my experience is that it takes less time on paper than it does electronically, at least until they become a solid prospect.

Dan

I agree, any tool is simply a tool, until it is used and worked. I think that most people get into habits of how they use systems and tools, then when something else comes a long, it's tough to change- from their own methods.

I agree, any tool is simply a tool, until it is used and worked. I think that most people get into habits of how they use systems and tools, then when something else comes a long, it's tough to change- from their own methods.

If you want to go old school you could use a file box #1-31 for days, then Jan-Dec and diligently maintain it and youd do just as well as OCS.

The best part of the computer type system is you can operate nearly paperless. Less filing to do and think of how many trees you could save:biggrin:

Back