One of my Clients Just Text- Cancelled

Italianik

Expert
I know you guys will appreciate that I got a TEXT stating that a client is leaving. Not that I am heartbroken but- a text? really? No name on the text or info on the acct....
Not like I can cancel with a text, but really people have no.... class... sometimes :err:...

I used text all the time w/ my clients sooo you can't really knock the guy. I bought a new car yesterday & communicated w/ the sales guys 100% via text. Made it easier for me to be a huge @$$hole w/ my unrealistic price requirements.

Eh, it's getting to be regular business practice to use text messaging. Do you really want to waste time and breath tgetting cancellation request via phone conversation? I get that they had a blonde moment and didn't identify themselves, but it's quick and painless for both parties and you have documentation built in, at least.

So no one asks the insured to sign an LPR in order to cancel their policy anymore?

I do, just CYA. Had a few clients over the years say they never authorized cancel on such date. Showed them the LPR and well ended that. Some don't do it because it adds more work and follow up. With docusign it's easy and keeps bugging them until they do.

Back