One Simple Question

Hello, I am planning on opening a captive agency in about a year and after reading through this forum and researching online I still have one simple question. What take home pay can an insurance agent expect to make? Whether its for captive or independent agents for some reason no one will clarify what someone could expect. I know it varies between agents but I am hoping someone will be brave enough to just post what an agent can expect to make through the years? Thank you.

Seriously though there are a lot of intangibles, We don't know commission structure at which place you will work, Nor the lead structure, Nor what type of Ins you plan to sell, Nor your sales ability

How can anyone answer

1 Million Dollars
Why can no one answer that question? It is not like it is something crazy to ask and it definitely matters to someone considering entering the career field. You dont have to say your personal earnings but what someone would estimate. Not very hard :biggrin:

Why can no one answer that question? It is not like it is something crazy to ask and it definitely matters to someone considering entering the career field. You dont have to say your personal earnings but what someone would estimate. Not very hard :biggrin:

You skipped over my next post, I have seen some make $0 so Without more info, no one can even give you a ball park,

In addition, most are out of the industry in less than a year

Before I went independent I worked at a call center, They may have brought in 15 or 20 new recruits every 2 to 4 weeks, 95% of them did not last 2 months, many not even a month

You skipped over my next post, I have seen some make $0 so Without more info, no one can even give you a ball park,

In addition, most are out of the industry in less than a year

Before I went independent I worked at a call center, They may have brought in 15 or 20 new recruits every 2 to 4 weeks, 95% of them did not last 2 months, many not even a month
Yeah sorry I replied before I saw that post. I would be a State Farm agent selling mainly P&C and attempting to focus on referrals but use some internet leads. I would say my sales ability is above average but I know thats probably the hardest area to quantify. Hopefully I would last but I was just wondering if anyone knew ballpark figures so I could have some idea before committing that way I can make an educated decision

Are you paying the rent, staff, all bills? are you purchasing a book or starting from scratch?

Yeah sorry I replied before I saw that post. I would be a State Farm agent selling mainly P&C and attempting to focus on referrals but use some internet leads. I would say my sales ability is above average but I know thats probably the hardest area to quantify. Hopefully I would last but I was just wondering if anyone knew ballpark figures so I could have some idea before committing that way I can make an educated decision

I don't do PNC but I do think there are some here that has done the state farm that can maybe chime in

PNC is a different animal then health and life

Are you paying the rent, staff, all bills? are you purchasing a book or starting from scratch?
I would be paying all the bills and would be taking over a book from a retiring or leaving agent. I am not too certain on all of the details because I am just starting the process but that is what I have been informed as of now.

Back