Ongoing Content for a Newsletter

TomZack

Super Genius
Any recommendations for a source for ongoing content for a website and newsletter?

Looking for 2 'regulation compliant' articles a month that would actually be informative and readable.

Any source recommendations?

Is there anyone doing this now? I'm focusing on Life, Annuities, Retirement planning.

Looking for both business and family oriented.

Here is a tip. What you find interesting and informative is not what your clients want to read.

If you have a Facebook page use that to curate and post articles of general interest. Use the posts that get the most attention as a clue to what your target market likes to read.

Here are a few examples from my target (Medicare)

Each had over 100 views the first day

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2011/04/20/using-gelatin-to-fight-hip-pain/

Plain water has surprising impact on blood pressure (07/8/10)

California woman with ALS holds party for friends, family before ending her life - Chicago Tribune

A lot of bloggers will let you use their content so long as you link back.

Thanks Alston. Not sure I find it wise to build awareness and prestige of a competing agent. Unless blogger is not one.

----------

Here is a tip. What you find interesting and informative is not what your clients want to read.

If you have a Facebook page use that to curate and post articles of general interest. Use the posts that get the most attention as a clue to what your target market likes to read.

Here are a few examples from my target (Medicare)

Each had over 100 views the first day

Thanks somarco. Good advice and these are good ideas/examples. I am thinking along these lines.

My thought is a format for Connecticut of:
2 Insurance or industry specific information articles.
2 General Interest articles
2 Connecticut specific articles
plus other fill-ins to keep it lively and interesting.

My latest book has some content ideas for local agents. Heres some ideas for content:
1. Curate news happenings
2. Review an authority on the subject or cite one.
3. Create an infographic
4. Create a video
5. Use answerthepublic to find the top questions people are asking
6. Go to Q&A sites like Quora, Insurance Library, Yahoo Answers, or other consumer sotes and see popular questions people are asking.
7. Research your conpetitors and see what their best piece of content is via social shares and make it better
8. Target local keywords
9. Use HARO to get interviewed and then create a post linking to it.
10. Do a case study on a client in a common situation your clients fond themselves in.
11. Write about your process.
12. Write about ideal client related local news.

Just going to point out that having guest posts and original content might be better for you. The backlink sharing is great and all, but duplicate content can get you seriously penalized in SERP's.

Just going to point out that having guest posts and original content might be better for you. The backlink sharing is great and all, but duplicate content can get you seriously penalized in SERP's.

Not sure where you saw duplicate content as an idea? I hope you don't consider guest posting syndication of content which is a whole other strategy that does have that risk (content duplication) unless you:

1. Convince the site owner to no-index the page if it's being reprinted in its entirety on another site,
2. Get a rel=canonical tag,
3. And/or get an attribution link, which can be easier to get than the noindex/rel=canonical.

Of course the pages can act like parasites and outrank your money site, best to let your content sit on your site up to 1 week before syndicating, so Google can crawl your site, but this still won't stop a parasite from outranking you when it comes to that article's keywords. And this is ok if the site that the content is being syndicated to has traffic coming back to your site.

Back