Online and Phone Sales when Starting Out

BrettP

I recently got licensed to sell life and health insurance. Although I am new to the insurance industry I am not new to sales. From what I have seen on here many people feel starting out in the insurance industry there is a benefit to face to face. My question is this- Is there any individuals out there that have been successful starting out in the insurance industry doing online and/or phone sales? If so any advice for myself?

In my humble opinion, life is an emotional sale done best face to face. Appointment setting then in person pitching.

I can understand why you may personally feel that way and I appreciate that. Sales in general for so long was almost always face to face let alone insurance sales, where emotion is clearly involved. But I know there are individuals on this forum specifically doing term and FE via phone and online. Nowadays I know it is possible and I know there are ways to connect with your clients even if you are not in front of them. I just am looking to hear how some have been able to do this getting started.

Where there's a will there's a way. With the right number of leads/mailers and enough smiling and dialing anything is possible. I'd be interested in hearing about it!

From what I've gathered on this forum, some FE carriers still require F2F. In some cases that might put you at a disadvantage if the F2F only carriers tend to be the most competitive.

I started out 3.5 years ago selling over the phone and internet for health insurance. That is all I have ever known. Rarely do I do a face to face. 3 so far this year and that is only because they were local and insisted. However, I am captive so we use a system that seems to work, if the agent works it.

It can be done. Doing it independently, I have no clue but people do it all day everyday.

Back