Online CE Clarification

dmr1168

I'm getting ready to take my CE for license renewal. I noticed on WebCE they have monitor free courses. I maybe a complete ***, but does that mean no exam at the end of the courses? This is the text on their site:

"The NJ Department of Insurance has approved WebCE's online interactive courses as online monitor-free for your continuing education requirements. Agents must complete these courses online by successfully passing a quiz at the end of each chapter"

I took the CE courses 2 years ago and then took an exam which was monitored by someone in an office next to mine.

Thanks for any input!

Dave in NJ

The ones I took were not monitored, but were timed and had a test at the end. You had to stay logged into the chapter for a minimum amount of time and if the computer was idle for 15 minutes you were logged out (or something, I didn't try to find out).

By the way, off topic, but important (to me, anyway) another example of crooked agents:

A captive outfit I was at which shall remain un-named had 4 agents each at a computer. They took a monitored test. Which means they monitored each other's answers! "Hey, what did you get for number 4?" That produces agents who say they have 25 years of experience but in reality have 1 year of experience 25 times. :goofy: I was a newbie and at least knew better than that. Found out later that alot of the questions I asked "management", the answers they gave me were WRONG. Needless to say I learned alot there (about what NOT to do), but not so much about insurance and selling.

I'm sure you can extend this to FMO/IMO's (not all) as I have seen misinformation in recent videos right here on this very forum.

Try to hook up with a mentor who knows insurance, knows how to sell, DOES sell, and preferably has qualified for MDRT with more than just one jumbo policy then went into management/FMO/IMO/ELMO whatever.

My two cents. (and I don't recruit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back