Open Enrollment Efficiency

jwoo689

Expert
Looking to become more efficient this open enrollment as my book has fortunately grown pretty large. Usually I do a send out card, email blast and phone call. The phone calls can take a lot of time and I am not sure if it is worth it. Anyone else want to share their experience on client retention during open enrollment? Im about 50/50 MA/MS with no major changes this year.

Thanks!

I do basically the same thing. Phone calls are time consuming but worth it. Current clients are valuable. A client retained is a client gained. Phone calls are also valuable , as they show value to your client, and often produce referrals over the phone.

I don't call or send anything via USPS. Email only. I have a few "form emails, fill in the blank kind of thing" that saves time. The last thing I want to do is get involved in a lot of phone calls. You can send emails at 10PM or 5AM.

Yeah I get mixed reviews, some agents don't call and the same amount falls off. Might just continue with the ones I have that are used to it and run a small sample to see if it matters. Not bad when you have 50 clients but once it's hundreds, it's a job. But like axe said, I feel foolish losing clients I have worked so hard for.

We have a new hire calling our current Coventry gold Advantage HMO clients to talk about a new 2k dental benefit and OTC catalog and it's been going ok for now. A lot of clients that are 3-5 years onto that plan have viewed it as a sales call even though we preface the call that it isn't and are skeptical or apprehensive .our main goal are referrals and retention so we'll see how it ends up.

We send a letter to all our med sup clients and if they send it back, we rerun their meds through med.gov and make a recommendation. Most of these reviews are done via email, phone calls are too time consuming. I find the letter generates a lot of referrals and protects your turf. This is our 3rd year doing it and we'll continue.

I use a service called VCITA that I use to create scheduling links to email out to my clients. It saves a ton of time in one email that I would otherwise spend on the phone scheduling review meetings.

Back