Open Enrollment Extentsion ???

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
I passed on this customer because i determined that would be a pain n the a***. (friend of the family, getting old dementia, etc).

ANYWAY, a friend of his got him signed with Blue Cross during open enrollment. A much better plan than his previous Humana Med Adv. Plan. (IN broward county FL., HUMANA network is weak).

NOW, he's talking about cancelling the BC plan because the deductible is $450 more per year. I told him OE is over...you're stuck with BC. He claims he can change in February (as per Humana).

ANY TRUTH to changing out of Open enrollment period?

thanks for your constructive input

Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period runs through 2/14. He can return to Original Medicare and pick up a PDP.

Yeah just let him know he can’t pick up another mapd Plan. Assuming no SEP.

On another note, I don’t know of any fl blue mapd with a deductible in network. He might be referring to the roughly $39/month premium. Which, how did he not know?

Edit: you mean his aep not OEP

I passed on this customer because i determined that would be a pain n the a***. (friend of the family, getting old dementia, etc).

ANYWAY, a friend of his got him signed with Blue Cross during open enrollment. A much better plan than his previous Humana Med Adv. Plan. (IN broward county FL., HUMANA network is weak).

NOW, he's talking about cancelling the BC plan because the deductible is $450 more per year. I told him OE is over...you're stuck with BC. He claims he can change in February (as per Humana).

ANY TRUTH to changing out of Open enrollment period?

thanks for your constructive input

maybe a 5 star plan or a SNP Chronic Condition Plan?

Only 5 Star Plan is Optimum. I’m not sure if they are in Broward county but they could be. But very poor network.

5 Stars and they have a poor network. How in the hell does CMS come up with this stuff?!!

I really shouldn’t say poor. I have about 30-40 people with Optimum/freedom. And while I wouldn’t say they have a robust network, there’s plenty of doctors around.
But their customer service is top notch for sure.
The OP said his client wasn’t happy with humana so he switched to Fl blue. If he didn’t like humana’s network, he won’t like Optimum. They are close.

His current Florida blue PPO has a great network. But it’s the only mapd in FL with an actual premium.

Back