Open Enrollment Part B

rawlan

Expert
I have a client that just contacted me and gave me this scenario. When he turned 65 he enrolled into Part B. Got a job a few months later and dis enrolled to go on the Plan from his employer. It has been three years now and he is leaving the company and getting Part B again. His question is will be have to answer health questions to go onto Plan G?

I called Medicare and they said they did not know.

Thanks again.

I had a similar situation to this a few months ago and the guy had to answer medical questions. I questioned it, like you. I learned a person gets only one Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment.

I had a similar situation to this a few months ago and the guy had to answer medical questions. I questioned it, like you. I learned a person gets only one Medicare Supplement Open Enrollment.

This is true. There can be only one!

Always, always, always call the insurance company directly and ask them for guidance in EVERY issue you have.

That's how I handle my questions.

I would never take the word of some customer service rep over the telephone.
I generally look for the answer myself.

I know we talked about this a while back - there is only one open enrollment. If I can find the thread I'll link it...

Mickey I believe in being absolutely certain when it comes to answering a question I am not 100% sure on. I have been let down many times by CSR telling me not to worry about it and I give the client the wrong info and poof my name is mud with them. That is why I go to the best source for all things Medicare there is, this forum. Thanks again guys.

Since he signed up for Part B, the OE clock began ticking. Can't stop it or delay it.
Most companies will give a GI because of losing the Employer plan (Mutual Of Omaha has a problem with GI - talk to them about their convoluted rules). Also, you may get a grossly reduced commission for GI ($25). Unfortunate, but it's just part of doing business...

Back