Open Enrollment Part B

I'm confused but this isn't a major part of what I do. My understanding is he gets a 6 month open enrollment for a supplement from when he elected Part B. He enrolled in Part B then he unenrolled, then he reenrolled.

A disabled under age 65 on Part A and B has the option to buy a supplement within 6 months of going on Part B. (Premiums are higher and most commissions are lower or $0). He gets another chance when he turns 65.

I always have the carrier or whoever I talk to send me a copy of what they said. Carriers almost always maintain a log of what they think you said. It is a good idea to have them read back what is in the log. It is usually different from what I thought I said. Have them correct it, read it back and email it if possible. It may be worth setting up a recording of your own if you get into these things very often. Documentation helps the E&O stay in effect.

I'm confused but this isn't a major part of what I do. My understanding is he gets a 6 month open enrollment for a supplement from when he elected Part B. He enrolled in Part B then he unenrolled, then he reenrolled.

A disabled under age 65 on Part A and B has the option to buy a supplement within 6 months of going on Part B. (Premiums are higher and most commissions are lower or $0). He gets another chance when he turns 65.

I always have the carrier or whoever I talk to send me a copy of what they said. Carriers almost always maintain a log of what they think you said. It is a good idea to have them read back what is in the log. It is usually different from what I thought I said. Have them correct it, read it back and email it if possible. It may be worth setting up a recording of your own if you get into these things very often. Documentation helps the E&O stay in effect.

Someone who is 62 and new to Medicare A&B has not yet reached their open enrollment as their Age has not yet triggered the Medigap Open Enrollment.

Once that person turns 65, they've now reached their open enrollment, per the definition of the Medigap Open Enrollment.

The Medigap Open Enrollment "begins on the first day of the month in which you're both 65 or older and enrolled in Medicare Part B."

----------

While he shouldn't qualify for Open Enrollment, he should still get a GI Situation should he not since he is losing his group plan?

Correct, he has options, but he was asking specifically about health questions and Plan G.

The person that referred him to me, listened when I explained that the Plan G would be the better option over a Plan F. The difference in his case was about 37.00 per month. When he was speaking to the gentleman that contacted me, my client did a great job of hammering home the fact that a Plan G would be the better option for him.

He had open heart surgery in the last year, so that is why he was wanting to avoid answering health questions if he could. Yes he will qualify for GI, but not for the plan he wanted. In this circumstance I am not worried about the commission, more so giving the client what he wants and making sure he is happy is the important thing.

Thanks again for the answers and the help, once again you have come through for this rookie and helped me learn something new.

Could always GI into aarp F and slide to G. A couple other carriers may gi into something other than F. What state,?

Could always GI into aarp F and slide to G. A couple other carriers may gi into something other than F. What state,?

If a carrier allows a GI into F (or whichever plan) how can a client move into another without underwriting? Just trying to understand...

Back