OPERS (Ohio Public Employees Retirement System) Off Limits for Agents Due to HRA Subsidy

Just was updated today that Ohio retirees will not be able to do what ATT or GE employees did for their health plan, which is to shop out the supplement and take a PDP with the exchange administered by Tower Watson to receive the HRA reimbursement.
They have to go through them for everything if they want the reimbursement.
Notice

So if you run across them, don't attempt to write them. Just direct them to the site

Does anyone here at the forums have a great way to find out about retiree healthcare changes for giant corporations or groups?

Thanks for this post. I have a GE retiree who says he must go through Towers Watson (One Exchange) for his supplement as they will not allow HRA reimbursement for Medicare Supplement plans purchased outside One Exchange. Have you come across this? I am aware of the letter that was sent to GE retirees on July 20, 2015 and how it is worded.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know how what he needs to do in order to be reimbursed for his medsupp premium not purchased through One Exchange?

By the way, how I primarily learn of retiree health changes is through setting my google alerts to "retiree healthcare changes". You will then receive updates as they happen.

Back