opinion: best catastrophic or Hospital surgical plan

If you're client can afford it, lose the co-insurance, go 100%.

In GA and SC I prefer American National for catastrophic.

103 year old company. Over 5 Million Policy Holders.

Excellent CAT and HSA.

Tom

best hospital and surgical plan

That's like asking which is better, AIDS or pancreatic cancer.

You might want to consider this. A H/S plan will cover, at best, maybe half a large claim. Maybe the BX FL plan is different, but all the ones I have seen have no coverage for outpatient expenses, including Rx not administered while an inpatient. The nominal premium savings is not worth the hassle factor when your client has a major claim and discovers they only bought half a health insurance plan.

American National CAT plan

80/20 - $2500 Ded - $5k Stop Loss - $7mm Lifetime

Georgia - $166.34 - $246.91 with out patient

SC - $210.08 - $311.00 with out patient

( Out Patient - separate $1,000 deductible - then 80/20 up to $10k. No RX or Wellness. Pre and Post Hospital / Surgical treated as inpatient )

Golden Rule

80/20 - $2500 Ded - $15k Stop Loss - $3mm Lifetime

Georgia - $258.97 - $331.62 with out patient.

SC - $226.84 - $301.00 with out patient.

( Outpatient - no co-pays but most expenses covered 80/20 after deductible. Has RX and Wellness after deductible unless optional package is chosen - which is limited to $300 and a 12 month wait for adults with a 35% copay )

Where it makes sense - I actually steer people towards the American National CAT and attach our VIP Health Care Savings Card which has preferred rates for Dental, Vision, Hearing, RX and a $2k Accident Plan to it for $99 a month. Even includes repricing for Physicians, Hospitals, etc if better rates than the plans repricing.

If they absolutely have to have co-pays / doctors visits - I steer them towards GR or Imerica - depending on the State. Imerica has unlimited $15 doctor visit co-pays in certain states.

Tom

p.s. - the VIP Health Care Savings Card pays a direct $50 monthly commission or a $25 monthly commission and participation in a 3x3 Infinity Matrix and Matching Check Bonus.

Back