opinion: best catastrophic or Hospital surgical plan

I have two people with Imerica (the HSA Plan), and they've been extremely happy with the claims experience, and the customer service.

Can't say they are my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th choice, but for the rate they were charging (increase of 6% from 2007 to 2008), I've had no complaints.

I agree with all that's been said about them; however, if you've got little money to play with, then you're not going to increase your members' premiums, are you?

Every insurance company has their niche. Imerica's is the niche of "I don't care about claims experience, I just want a cheap policy." In fact, I tried getting both of them off Imerica this year, and, even with the renewal rate, it was less than with Assurant or The Evil Empire.

And, yes, my E&O is paid up. In fact, and you can insert your joke here, Imerica pays E&O on any policy you sell through them.

I'm still a fence sitter with them, all though I will tell you, the girl in their underwriting department is sharp, and ain't a bubble head.

Back